DATING ADVICE FORUM

POF online dating. is it legit?

Author
    Comments

• jrjong
    Participant
    August 4, 2016 at 6:26 am #107462
    POF online dating. is it legit?

Hey there, Im 26, single and searching for a partner. Actually, I just created an account on couple o dating sites like POF, tinder and added some of the users in them. Now the thing that really hunt me down is, most of the poeple are claiming these sites are of no use and lots of users in them are not real. I mean they only do it for the promotions (just like that of cam sites). Therefore, can anyone guide me on this.

PocketAA
    PocketAA
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 8:02 pm #108803

Im on most sites as well. The thing is my friends have had success and it makes me feel like i should too but I’ve been seriously striking out lately. Granted I am not the most photogenic guy but I think my personality can get me by. Anyways disregarding my own experience I believe there are a ton of fake profiles but you have to sort of decipher which ones are real and which ones aren’t. But I wouldn’t agree that they are of no use, even though so far its been no use for me haha

kaylee0destiny
    Participant
    August 19, 2016 at 2:18 am #108825

Maybe.

fitzy2016
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 4:44 pm #110002

They’re legit. Let me rephrase, there’s many people, both men & women alike who are on those sites ready and willing to waste anyone’s time they can, they aren’t serious, even though they’ll say they’re “looking for a relationship”. Really the best way to put it is all those sites are hit or miss and I think more so the free ones which invites anyone & everyone. I would proceed with caution as far as if you’re looking for a serious relationship, I think what comes from them is far and few relationships and more B/S, drama and games. Unfortunate to put it that way and in this day and age the alternatives to meet people are far and few, but from past experience dating sites aren’t the most reliable form of matchmaking out there.

I can tell you that my B/F had concerns before we were in a relationship about what you mentioned regarding people not being real on those sites. I don’t feel I ever experienced that with men on there, but have heard that concern about the women on them.

PhilM
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 2:48 am #110029

yes it is legit, but you should get to know the person very well before trying anything. sometimes theyre on there for specific reasons and you dont want to get involved in some of the shit they do.

Kinkycrazy
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 1:56 pm #110205

I’ve found good guys and bad guys on pof…. Just like walking into a bar there’s good and bad people every where

ViolaY
    ViolaY
    Participant
    September 1, 2016 at 4:51 am #110319

Yes it is legit. Have you tried Luxy? When registering Luxy, it asks for ID and income verification to make sure the profiles are real.

Chymnz
    Participant
    September 3, 2016 at 1:00 pm #110493

I thought I would try using a paid online dating service called MATCH. Don’t!! They are a total ripoff and try to cancel your account. It’s near impossible and they try to continually charge you even after you have cancelled. Stick with the free ones. I thought that maybe I would find a more serious type of person because it was a paid site and I did meet a couple of nice people on it but I also met some nice people on POF as well. I just haven’t met the right one yet. Just don’t use MATCH.com It’s just a greedy website and doesn’t do anything any better than the free ones IMHO.

daisy123
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 8:51 am #110519
    Reply To: POF online dating. is it legit?

These sites are definitely a legitimate I’ve been on match.com, POF, Tinder and I’ve met people from all three. Hang in there.

tyragiana
    tyragiana
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 11:26 pm #110635

these sites are legitimate sites it just that in dating sometimes you have to go through some crazy people to get to the right person. A lot of people think online dating is a sham just because they haven’t found the right one right away but even during face to face dating you encounter a lot of people who are not exactly your type before you find the right one.

Attributes
    Participant
    September 12, 2016 at 11:44 am #111039

Guys/ Girls on Tinder judge you by your looks, so I would recommend other dating sites because Tinder is just about the physical appearance

Louis Richards
    Participant
    September 13, 2016 at 6:37 pm #111300

Is that a good app?

Brittanylove
    Participant
    September 14, 2016 at 7:00 pm #111451

I think it’s good