Probably the most confusing situation I've ever been in! HEEEELP!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

timber2016
    Participant
    March 13, 2016 at 12:52 pm #95517

I met this girl on a very long state to state bus ride. My seat ended up being next to her. Immediately I noticed how beautiful she was & thought that she was completely out of my league. To my surprise, she starts talking to me & it sparks an hours long conversation. I get all the signs that she’s interested in me. So at the end of the ride we pull into the station & I ask for her # and if she wants to have a coffee the following week. She gives it to me and says absolutely. At this point I’m still thinking there is no way she likes me and it’s probably a wrong #. Turns out, it wasn’t & she even put her real name down. Anyway, I text her and she replies INSTANTLY. When I reply back, she disappears for a day. This pattern goes on for a couple of days. Finally I muster the courage to ask her for that coffee on a certain day. She says she is super busy and gives no alternative. I say let me know when & she says ok. See more below…

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  timber2016.

timber2016
    Participant
    March 13, 2016 at 12:58 pm #95519

Just to add to the above since there’s a character limit…
    Why would this girl start a conversation with me, give me her number and real name, text me back, but when it comes to actually seeing her again it seems like she’s avoiding me — not texting back for long periods and saying she’s too busy to meet (without offering an alternative day)? Am I just being too sensitive here? Maybe she’s really busy? Or was she just trying to be polite on the bus ride and polite by giving me her number and texting back? If she’s really not interested, why couldn’t she just have ignored me? It would have been much easier.I don’t know, this is all really confusing. All the details of this are what makes it so hard to figure out. I’ve honestly never been in a situation like this before. There would always be something that would give me a good indication of the girl’s interest or lack thereof. Here, it’s hard to figure. At this point should I just leave her alone and see if she gets back to me?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  timber2016.

BeauBrooks
    Participant
    March 13, 2016 at 4:13 pm #95531

I wish the best of luck to you and this lovely lady, i am put in a similar situation as well, I have been talking to this girl for about 4 months on and off and had her over 3 times before, (keep in mind we are both seniors in high school). the first time i had my friend and her over and we watched a movie and all cuddled up, and i thought there is no way this is happening! i invited her over another day and we just talked a little for like 15 minutes and she had to go because she was taking her dog for a walk. the third time i invited her over we watched a movie and didn’t really do much of the cuddly thing. After that day we never really talked much, i would send her a message once maybe every three days just to catch up with her and she doesn’t even reply…

Anonymous
    March 14, 2016 at 8:56 am #95521

i wouldnt care too much about how she feels towards you or thinks about you, in the end, instincts will drive her responses to you. so you have to please her instinct, by being more proactive and tenacious in your methods to capture her. just show more grit to her and persistance without being a stalker

timber2016
    Participant
    March 14, 2016 at 8:56 am #95538

Oh, you were on the bus can’t you afford to fly?, don’t you have a car you can drive places?

Yes, I can afford to fly. People still take buses haha!