Profile view with no message

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Buffy
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 10:17 pm #144703

I have developed feelings for someone I see about once a month (he’s my physical therapist.) We get along so well and seem to have a lot in common. He is always listed in my Match of the Day on Match.com, but I have never clicked that I’m interested (I haven’t even clicked on his profile because I didn’t want him to know I was online dating.) I completely ignore his profile when I see it. Well I noticed the other day that he viewed my profile, but didn’t click that he was interested, no wink, no message – nothing. I’m just curious if anyone knows why he would click on my profile? It’s not that he didn’t know who I was (the search result pictures are large) and I wouldn’t come up in his searches since I’m not in the age range he’s looking for. So I’m curious if I should shoot him a message like fancy seeing you on here – can’t believe you’re single kinda thing? I don’t want our next meeting to be awkward. Help needed, please (especially from the male POV.)

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 9, 2017 at 1:43 pm #144759

its possible he didn’t know who you were in that instant. or maybe he did and wanted to learn more about you to see if it seemed intriguing then didn’t find so.

Here is the spiel i give to anybody about being interested in somebody at a “service job” – aka waiters, waitresses, customer service, doctors – people who’s job is to deal with other people and interact with other people for a living:

Part of their job IS to be engaging, nice, and conversational with you and positive. It is a HUGE mistake many people make to then interpret that as “they like me…” Maybe they do, maybe they dont.. remember that its THEIR JOB to talk and be pleasant and drum up converation with you. (I have to do it all the time as a tech support professional). So don’t get carried away interpreting “pleasant talking” as somethign more unless there is something VERY unique or overboard about their interaction with you.