Proposed to a stranger and got blocked

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 11:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

new1804
    Participant
    July 18, 2017 at 8:44 am #142431

Hi
    I am located and living outside of the US but just by chance got to know a woman over the internet some 6 years ago and gradually developed interest in her. I got to know more and more about her until some months ago after 6 years of knowing her I really felt I have fell for her. It hit a point where I happened to think about her hours per day and started having severe depression. After months and months of consideration, one day I just broke into tears and started crying thinking of her. I decided to make a move and discuss the whole thing with her. Just to surprise her I left a message on her Instagram account and proposed to her as a stranger. I asked her will you marry me and she responded by almost immediately blocking me. I am really confused and have no idea what to do. This is a girl who has occupied my mind all the day and I really can not cut it out from the other side she blocked me the meaning of which is very clear. Shall I try to contact her again?

evn95
    Participant
    July 18, 2017 at 9:29 am #142435

Maybe try proposing as yourself? I don’t know any woman who would accept a strangers proposal over instagram. Just talk to her like you normally would

new1804
    Participant
    July 18, 2017 at 9:34 am #142436

Do you think I should contact her again? I really love her to death and have never felt this way toward any woman in my life. I cry everyday just remembering her. Should I open another account and send another message? That wouldn’t be rude or in appropriate?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    July 18, 2017 at 12:56 pm #142479

its very obvious. everyting you talk about when it comes to you two is from YOUR END. Your thoughts. what YOU want. Not once did you ever talk about or mentione anything from HER side that says she was feeling the same or wanted the same. Therefore this was all in your head and your head only. To propose based on that, when youv’e never met or made plans to meet in person justifiably gets an immediate block from anybody.

It’s just creepy.

Have a real relationships first.. not a fantasy in your head before you propose next time.

new1804
    Participant
    July 19, 2017 at 9:15 am #142486

Tnx for your advice. You are totally right. All my personal fantasy. But I got to know her for 6 years while she does not know me. Over the course of 6 years I became more and more attracted to her until I totally fell for her. Given what she did I really don’t know what possible ways do exist for me to contact her and express it to her. Do you think given that block its justified for me to try to recontact her?