Question For Men: When Should I Sleep With Him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Daterr117
    Daterr117
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 1:38 pm #128395

So I started talking to this guy I met on a dating app a couple weeks ago. We went out on our first date yesterday and it was amazing. It feels like our chemistry is off the charts. We’re both really attracted to each other. He’s very touchy feely and held hands with me the entire night, and kept kissing me randomly. When he dropped me home, I think we made out for 2 hours in his car. My only reason for not sleeping with him was it was that time of the month. I really want to sleep with him. But, I’m not looking for just sex. I want a relationship. I’m wondering if I sleep with him say next weekend, will that ruin it? Is it too soon? Would you think less of a woman if she slept with you that quickly? And not take her seriously?

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Daterr117 Daterr117.
    richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 5:49 pm #128452

when you feel its the right time for you and you won’t regret doing it no matter what happens afterwards (he never shows up again, etc.)
    as far as how i feel towards a woman…. there is no 1 formula. It isn’t about how soon one sleeps or not.. its about the guy your sleeping with and what his character and motivations are.

if he just wants to sleep with you, aka conquor you, doens’t matter how short or long you make him wait to have sex. as soon as he does he’s gone.
    if he wants more than that with you, sleeping sooner or later won’t change that motivation.

its more about the guy and his motivation then when you sleep with them.

Daterr117
    Daterr117
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 8:49 am #128453

when you feel its the right time for you and you won’t regret doing it no matter what happens afterwards (he never shows up again, etc.)
    as far as how i feel towards a woman…. there is no 1 formula. It isn’t about how soon one sleeps or not.. its about the guy your sleeping with and what his character and motivations are.

if he just wants to sleep with you, aka conquor you, doens’t matter how short or long you make him wait to have sex. as soon as he does he’s gone.
    if he wants more than that with you, sleeping sooner or later won’t change that motivation.

its more about the guy and his motivation then when you sleep with them.

Thank you. Appreciate the response 🙂

Huckleberry
    Huckleberry
    Participant
    March 2, 2017 at 8:49 am #128683

Hi. You responded to my ridiculous post so I thought I’d return the favor since the same thing just happened to me this weekend from the guy’s side.

Definitely do what feels right and good. If that’s sex then go for it..and rock his world. He won’t think less of you unless he’s a dick. And you don’t want to be with a dick, right? All my serious relationships started with having sex right away. Why? Because we were way into each other. You don’t benefit from waiting and he might get turned off and think you have a problem with sex. Anyway, the quicker you find out how the sex is and what kind of person he is the better. You can’t build up this idea of a relationship yet, but good sex is one of the best ways to start it if it’s something you are looking for.

Good luck. (Sorry, if this is a repeat. I tried to post before and it disappeared)

Jack of Hearts
    Participant
    March 2, 2017 at 10:45 am #128797

It’s all about finding that right balance between showing your power and aggressiveness but also showing that you want to be respected and you want something more than just sex. Don’t try to keep him on a leash or string him along too long. If he makes it obvious that he’s not just looking for sex either, of course don’t keep holding out. It sounds like you two really have something there and if it feels right to you, I say go for it.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 2, 2017 at 2:01 pm #128838

good point.. that last part of this is.. determine as gest you can if your goals line up as far as what you want with each other.
    that is also a component to consider beyond “what do you want and is it right for you or not? will you regret or wish you hand’t if you do and its over?”

good luck!

cheerchix
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 8:59 am #134091

I think as long as the feeling is mutual there really are no rules or games that should be played. And if he only was interested in the sex from the get go sleeping with him now or later won’t make a difference in his actions.
    Get what you want and do overthink it

jj91
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 9:35 am #134095

sorry not a man—but I found myself thinking the same thing. I just went with my gut feeling. If a guy is only there for sex doesn’t matter how long you wait. When he’s done, he’s done.
    I slept with someone our second meeting and we were together for three years. There are others that I waited longer and it didn’t last. Just go with how you feel in the moment and no regrets!