Questioning Sexuality

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Questioning Sexuality

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sliver
    Sliver
    Participant
    December 16, 2012 at 1:21 am #18905
    Questioning Sexuality

I’m sure a lot of people go through this, and to be honest I’m not sure exactly where to put this, but here it goes. I suppose I should put a warning, not knowing how this forum works, but it’ll probably not be the cleanest thread.

Anyways, I’ve always considered myself a straight male. I like women, physically and romantically. But as time goes on, I’ve started to have odd fantasies. When it comes to the male body, I like the penis specifically. I often have fantasies of administering oral sex to men, but I have a hard time imagining myself falling in love with another man.

On the other hand, perhaps putting a label on whatever I am isn’t the right path to take. Perhaps I’m simply on the verge between straight and bisexual, stuck on some strange stasis. I truly do wish I was simply bisexual, as it would open up my dating pool, but I’m reluctant to call myself that because of it.

To be honest, I usually just write it off. But recently, I’ve been more curious about what other people think about it. So, if anyone more experienced has some insight, I would truly appreciate it.

tony34
    Participant
    December 17, 2012 at 3:47 pm #18946

I really think this is a natural fantasy of questioning something you’re just plain curious about. It seems fun for others so why wouldn’t it be fun for you?

You could say you’d be labeled bi, but since you don’t see yourself in love with a man, it could be something you just enjoy on the side without commitment to the person.

I’d just say try it out, see if you like it and if you don’t-well, you don’t. I’d step back and ask yourself, do I enjoy doing this for the thrill and excitement or because it’s something I see myself doing in the long run to be happy? Make sure you’re answering questions to yourself and not about what other people think.

I think girls have it easier because society still mostly find girl on girl actions to be “hot” and “sexy” but if a guy wants to try it, it’s “weird” or “gross.” If you decide to fool around with a guy, don’t over think it, try it out and be open minded. Analyze how you feel after a few days and see if it’s something you wanna try again.

good luck!!!

chipdip
    Participant
    December 18, 2012 at 10:34 am #18983

More often than not, guys are starting to experiment with their sexuality because like tony said, you’re curious. I also think you should try it, you may like it 😀 and if you think it’s too awkward or you feel embarrassed, they just stop.

blackbird glide
    blackbird glide
    Participant
    December 18, 2012 at 4:59 pm #19043

I agree girls have a slight advantage when it’s a girl on girl image but in the gay/bi community you are not alone! There’s plenty of people who are experimenting and like you, worried if they’ll be shunned in their social circle. Newsflash: you won’t be turned down by any gay guys so embrace the fact that there are others and you WILL be accepted by them!! 🙂