Re: "Wants to get to know me better"

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hambrabee
    Participant
    December 4, 2014 at 8:56 am #68669

Hi, I met this girl on a dating site. From what I gather shes kinda shy, hasnt really dated much. A type of person thats conservative and hard to trust people. Things are going fine and we talked for a few weeks before going out on our first date. The first date ended well, eating dinner and then watching a movie, we were together for a long time. At the end I told her that I had a fun time and asked if she wanted to continue to hang out. She told me she wanted to get to know me better…

Most of the time we communicate via text and its mostly me doing all the talking, she engages in the conversation more when we met in person. Is this due to her shy personality? I was able to set up a second date. However, I still see her on the dating website, so I really dont understand…

Can you guys give me your opinions? Thanks!

hambrabee
    Participant
    December 4, 2014 at 9:06 am #68671

P.S. from my experience using these dating websites. If they arent interested they are just going to ignore you, so could it be that shes shopping around?

And she likes me enough to offer a second date?? Otherwise I dont see the point…

effdoubleyew
    Participant
    December 4, 2014 at 11:17 am #68676

Hey, if she told you she wants to get to know you better, she probably means it. I do think you are jumping the gun a little bit though. Take it slow. A second date doesn’t necessarily mean that you are in a relationship. If you have communicated to her your concerns about why she is still on the dating site, you have likely lost your chance of things going further. Hope you haven’t. She still has freedom to see other people/ explore her options as do you. I wish you luck 😉

hambrabee
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 8:40 am #68724

Well yes, that is true. For me I dont think I juggle around 5 different girls, and I dont think she is that type either… I wanted to get a different perspective so I didnt confront her about why shes still on the dating site and thankfully I didnt. The reason Im here is so I can learn and I just dont want to get played. I think the biggest factor is she wants to continue to see me so I think if she wanted to see another guy she probably woulda made some excuse.

In this case it reinforces my advantage in this situation. Thanks for the help!

Alexander0
    Alexander0
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 1:19 pm #68787

I dont belive in internet date :/ but if can help u…
    chat more with her maybe she is shy