Reading between the lines

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

trashayart200
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 2:10 pm #93596

Please help me read between the lines here.
    I met someone long distance and hit it off pretty well then we hit a snag about 3 months into it. I decided to do a no contact on him with the hopes of starting fresh and using the time heals all wounds theory. So after no contact for 31 days, I sent him an out of the blue text asking about something that was of interest to him with the intent of see whether or not he will respond to my question. Within minutes he responded with possible answers to my question. I chose to not respond back by making appear that I’m cool with him responding or not responding. Then it gets interesting….
    The next afternoon, he sends me a text with another possible answer to my question and ended the response with a we are cool again, in a round about way. I chose to respond with a simple thank you about 4 hours later.
    This guy has a habit of not responding for an hour to a couple days so in this case, he responded within literally 3 minutes.
    Cont….

trashayart200
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 2:12 pm #93600

Cont…

I want to know two things here:
    1. Was my text after no contact a pleasant surprise as he responded so quickly?
    2. When he did not hear from me after his initial response, he chose to send me another message and wrapped it up with us being on good terms again, does this mean, he is showing signs of wanting to be back together again?

Thanks for any insight you can offer