Really confusing situation

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

leocarter
    Participant
    November 23, 2014 at 8:25 pm #67996

I’m in a confusing situation. I’ve been chatting with a guy (“Ted”) on a gay social networking site for about a year, except for when I took a 4-month break from social media. During the break, I met a guy (“Bill”) in real life and we started dating. I was sure I’d told Ted about Bill. Two months ago, Ted asked to meet for coffee and I agreed, thinking he meant as friends. He thought we were on a date, was hurt and upset, and told me he had feelings for me. I apologized, but made it clear there we weren’t going to get together. Then I told Bill about it, and he broke up with me. It’s been six weeks, and Ted suggested having coffee as friends. I think he still has feelings for me. Ted’s smart, kind and cute, but I might or might not end up having feelings for him. I don’t want to hurt him again, I don’t want it to look like I was looking for another boyfriend while still with Bill, and I’m really busy with work right now. But I at least want to keep chatting with Ted online. What to do?

Brolindavidor
    Participant
    November 24, 2014 at 1:18 pm #68031

I think you should take some time off and do you. Meanwhile you will find out what you really want and hey you might even get back with your ex.

throwaway__900
    Participant
    November 24, 2014 at 11:09 pm #68122

Just be honest with both of them. Tell them everything you just said. And take a break.

Anonymous
    January 5, 2015 at 3:41 pm #69918

Agreed!! Throwaway__900 be honest & forthright as you can, then back off from both. Date yourself….

whaleman12
    Participant
    January 5, 2015 at 6:28 pm #69934

just be honest you have alot going on right now

PrincessSolo
    Participant
    January 21, 2015 at 1:05 pm #71353

I would try to stay friends with Ted and not completely rule that option out but in the meantime take a break to get your head right.

fiesta_04
    Participant
    January 29, 2015 at 6:17 pm #72222

Honesty with both is always the best policy

Pipeliner85
    Pipeliner85
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 5:04 pm #72843

yeah i think a break definitely would do the situation the best.