Rebound?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Rebound?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kelly924
    Participant
    August 31, 2015 at 6:24 pm #84981
    Rebound?

Hi there,
    A co-worker recently told me he likes me. The trouble is, he bought a property with two homes on it with his ex-girlfriend. They dated briefly, a year ago and then had a friends with benefits situation on and off for a year. He has had trouble moving on. She is in a relationship, now and they are no longer getting along. He is planning on getting out of his portion of the property and says he can’t stay friends with her. He and I are friends and hang out every weekend. He wants to take things slow but has let me know that he is interested in me. Also, he has dated a couple of other girls but wasn’t really into them. He still talks about his ex occasionally but it does seem over. Should I keep my distance or proceed with caution?

Wanderlust22
    Participant
    August 31, 2015 at 11:13 pm #84992

Maybe keep your distance. He said he isn’t interested. So it’s best to guard your heart. If only you feel comfortable to take a risk of him using you as a buffer while he “finds hos footing “

Kelly924
    Participant
    September 1, 2015 at 4:34 pm #84993

Thanks, he actually says he IS interested. I do get the feeling its sort of a rebound except that he wants to take things slowly. He wants to meet my family, brings me sweet little gifts. And if he thinks I want to stay friends he still wants to do these things and make me dinner. I’m still not sure. I like him. He’s fun. But I don’t think it would be a real long term thing either way.