"Rebuild" Son. Age 28

DATING ADVICE FORUM

"Rebuild" Son. Age 28

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Parent Asking
    Participant
    July 15, 2016 at 4:50 am #105304
    "Rebuild" Son. Age 28

I have a son of 28. His mother left us when he was 6.
    After that she continued to run him down to the effect that he was a complete wreck when he left school and eventually decided to distnance him from her.
    I then started building him up slowly and today he is very successfull. I have had to face a lot of critisism as I refused to just through him out to swim or drown.
    He has long passed the same critics in life.
    The one ares where he need to develop is his social life but does not have many friends. Nobody who are able or interested to introduce him to girls in particular.
    He is tall and skiny but ladies tell me he is handsome, though. I do not know. He is training hard doin MMA and is very good in that. He is good in every thing he does.
    He is desperately looking but does not have the know how. He is still rather with drawn and is not at all social ye
    I ask people to introduce him to girls, just to mix but nobody makes an effort. This includes the critics.
    Any advice pls?

Love Explained
    Participant
    July 16, 2016 at 7:52 pm #105482

Put him in places where there are girls, but not necessarily the pressure to date. Like clubs, classes, co-ed softball teams, churches, work places etc. Then he can work on talking to girls with less pressure.

Parent Asking
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 8:48 am #105542

Thank you. I thought today that I should also be a little more patient at this stage. We will just keep on building on his self esteem and see what happens. He is getting more and more exposure and people likes him.

This is maybe something that just has top develop on it’s own around the rest.