Recent breakup

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Recent breakup

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BrodyJames
    BrodyJames
    Participant
    March 13, 2013 at 10:27 am #25669
    Recent breakup

I was dating a guy for just shy of 2 months and after so much fun, he got cold feet and broke it off. We had a brief “talk” about how we saw the relationship going and I think it might have scared him off. We ended up meeting each others relative fairly new into the game and it was all fine but toward the end he stopped wanting to go out together and instead wanted to stay in by himself. Just blew me off a couple times for no reason. I never implied a serious commitment just wanted exclusivity…anybody else deal with this? I really liked the guy, I just felt like I was side lined..

DerekJ
    DerekJ
    Participant
    March 15, 2013 at 12:33 pm #26005

Yea, a lot of people don’t like commitment, even if it is just for exclusivity. It’s most likely from a past relationship and he doesn’t want something bad evolving from what you two have created. I say just try to be his friend but tell him nicely that you still like him and if he’d like to keep seeing you, you’re still available. Don’t chase him though, I’m sure anything like that would scare him too.

tony34
    Participant
    March 18, 2013 at 6:44 pm #26167

Did he ever explain why? Doesn’t really add up, unless there’s more to the story you haven’t mentioned.

DerekJ
    DerekJ
    Participant
    March 19, 2013 at 2:45 pm #26225

I wouldn’t doubt this is just another typical case of a shy dater with cold feet. Also, I bet if he’s sill insecure of his dating lifestyle he may find himself at an altar leaving another man behind if he doesn’t have his head in the game.