Receptive to a first date but things keep getting in the way….

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Toothlessbamboo
    Participant
    April 30, 2016 at 10:15 pm #99341

Okay, so I’d like to get everyone’s opinion/perspective on this. Cause I’m a little confused myself. So here goes (apology in advance if its long)

So I met this girl at my work about a year and a half ago. I didn’t pay much attention until few months when we started talking. We are both supervisors so there is no conflicts there. We ended up talking and getting to know each other at a work event which was when I got phone her number. The next 2.5 months we continued to chat on a semi regular basis but it was casual. I asked her out for a lunch date but she couldn’t go cause she already made plans but wanted to go. We ended up texting back and forth later that evening.

A few weeks later we met up at a work event but we didn’t get to connect until the end of the evening where we were hanging out at a bar. I asked her again for dinner which was well received but it would have to wait for 2 weeks due to previous plans she made (aka traveling and seeing an out of town friend). – TBC

Toothlessbamboo
    Participant
    April 30, 2016 at 10:24 pm #99342

Continued from my previous post (sorry)

Anyhow, she had a flight that evening so I ended up waiting outside with her while we waited for her cab to arrive. Told her to have a safe flight and that I would catch up with her when she came back from her trip. I didn’t reach out until mid week as I knew she’d be swamped at work. But I sent the normal welcome back and how she was holding up message. I haven’t heard anything back from her which is unusual as she is really responsive. I know she has a friend that is coming into town that is visiting. And her trip was to visit family so I’m not really worried in that department of there being another person in the picture.

Just curious as it seems that she did a complete 180 on me or am I just over thinking it. We had really good conversations up to this point. I haven’t reached out her as I figured it is now in her court to respond to my previous message. Any thoughts/perspectives on this would be greatly appreciated!

Galm 2
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 12:59 am #99358

You’re over thinking it bro. Just wait until she’s free, or until you see her again.

leofcb
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 2:09 am #99359

Don’t put too much thought into it. There seems to be genuine things that have been popping up, which stop the two of you from going out. Just continue to show her that you’re still around and interested. good luck.