Recovering from Pushiness

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

patti1967
    patti1967
    Participant
    March 15, 2016 at 1:18 pm #95718

I recently met a guy I had instant chemistry with. He asked for my number after talking for only a short time. He then texted me that very night, and the next day. We chatted and made plans to meet. The night came and we had some scheduling conflicts. But I really wanted to make it happen that night, as I was having surgery the next day and knew I wouldn’t be able to reschedule with him for a few weeks. So I offered to drive down to his area to meet. The date went very well. He was in the restroom when the bill came, so I decided to pay. When he came back, he seemed upset I paid. I told him it was no problem, and that I felt bad that I pushed him to meet me that night so I wanted to pay. I told him he could pay next time, and he seemed okay. He walked me to my car and we shared a really nice kiss. We texted for a few days, but it has slowed down considerably. I am afraid I pushed too far. Should I apologize or let it go and wait for him to contact me? I really liked him.

bumblebee35
    Participant
    March 16, 2016 at 8:51 am #95720

Wait for him to contact you and don’t apologize. You were being very nice and accommodating to him, he should make the effort for what’s coming up next. and guys like it when girls are not too available and confident. Don’t apologize!

patti1967
    patti1967
    Participant
    March 16, 2016 at 8:00 pm #95874

Thanks! With the exception of a few texts over the weekend to see how my surgery went and how I was feeling, I haven’t heard from him. I’m just going to sit on my hands. If he doesn’t text, then I will accept it and move on.

Anonymous
    March 19, 2016 at 11:20 pm #96095

Wait for him to contact you. If you put forth the effort to make contact and he hasn’t been too responsive, if he is really into you too he won’t just stop talking to you all together.

caseyg.hatchell
    Participant
    March 21, 2016 at 2:56 am #96106

No need to apologize, but wait for him to text you. If you really like him you can consider texting a hi, hello, how are you type messages in the meantime, nothing more than that. Just show him you care.

CindyB
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 11:00 am #96602

I agree, it’s only the first date, all good things take time, wait for him to call but in the meantime go out and enjoy yourself and your freedom.

cherryrose
    cherryrose
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 3:52 pm #96625

That doesn’t sound pushy at all. I think that was very considerate of you to pay for the date. Hopefully he will realize what’s important is the connection you two made, not something so small as that.

I_AM_ALEX
    Participant
    March 29, 2016 at 7:25 am #96665
    Reply To: Recovering from Pushiness

You didn’t do anything wrong really. What you did was cool and progressive in my book. Although some guys (people in general too) attach a lot of meaning to who pays on the first date. He could have interpreted it to mean you were trying to friend zone him. If it were me I’d feel awkward about it for a minute but get over it quickly. It is just a first date. Even if you feel this guy is a keeper, I would encourage keeping a loose line and talk to other guys too. No need to rush anything.

DublinD4
    Participant
    March 30, 2016 at 1:59 pm #96842
    Reply To: Recovering from Pushiness

That doesn’t seem too pushy at all. You wanted to see him before your surgery. I’d wait for him to message you. Trust me, I know that’s hard when you really like someone, buy if a guy doesn’t chase back that’s a big warning sign. When he does respond, just keep open ended conversations