Recovering heroin addict

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Recovering heroin addict

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

wifeyxo
    Participant
    April 9, 2014 at 9:55 pm #50832
    Recovering heroin addict

I started dating a guy 5 almost 6 months ago, and he was sober. He told me about his past and how he was a recovering addict, I didn’t judge him because I have a past too but not with heroin which is his drug of choice. Around Christmas which I went to spend with him and his family, he would leave me at the house and I realized he was relapsing, and he explained it was because he missed his father who passed away. To sum it up he went to jail in jan, was clean when he got out in feb, went back in March for relapsing starting drug court and now is in rehab. He’s the first guy I ever felt was my soul mate, best friend, and we connected instantly like I’ve never connected with someone before. We’re only twenty, so no rush to get married still room to grow into adulthood I just don’t know if I should stay I want to but people tell me I shouldn’t.

Zeus
    Zeus
    Participant
    April 10, 2014 at 1:47 am #50845

Listen to those people. They are right. You shouldn’t stay. He may very well be your soul mate [since you pretend in that sort of thing], but being your soul mate does NOT always mean you should be together.

You’ve had your problems in the past [as you’ve mention], so probably in your best interest to find someone who isn’t messed up and likely to pull you, and your life, down.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Zeus Zeus.