REJECTED, let go..feeling horrible, but I still want him.. Help!! :(?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

girlonfire
    Participant
    October 12, 2014 at 1:28 pm #65733

I was talking to a guy for about a week and finally went on the first date with him. During the date, I felt like the chemistry instantly and definitely liked him. He held my hand, even kissed my hand, we made out a lot. He was a complete gentleman. Toward the end of the date however he told me that he couldn’t see it going anywhere long term and told me he didn’t want to waste any of my time. I am not sure what i did wrong, but I was confused because he definitely seemed interested in me during the whole date. I still like him and want to make him see that he should give us another shot. I just don’t know how to go about doing that. I haven’t been in contact with him in about a week. When should I contact him and how should I go about it so I don’t scare him off and make him like me again??

retrospect
    Participant
    October 12, 2014 at 8:55 pm #65746

I would tell him that you are interested, men can be wierd, trust me, i am one.

CoolCat771
    CoolCat771
    Participant
    October 13, 2014 at 8:50 am #65750

He’s afraid that you don’t like him as much as he likes you. Show him you give a shit (excuse the expletive; I’m going through some stuff right now)

tonyl7126
    Participant
    October 13, 2014 at 9:34 am #65735

If it was only one date it’s hard to say “make him like me again” as if he liked you to begin with. He kissed you and held your hand but that can be explained by the fact that he’s a guy and likes kissing girls. If he said he didn’t want anything long term with you my gut says to not actively approach him again, as he has all of the power at the moment (he rejected you) and that doesn’t seem like a healthy way to start things off. I guess I would be curious to know why exactly he didn’t see anything long term?

erizzle30
    Participant
    October 14, 2014 at 8:18 am #65865

Men are definitely hard to understand. Rejection is never easy even if you went on only one date. If it were me I wouldn’t pursue it, I’d move on. If he starts attempting to see you again, I would do it in haste and on your terms. There is someone out there that will want you in the long term and that could take time. Best of luck, happiness and peace to you. 🙂

girlonfire
    Participant
    October 14, 2014 at 8:41 am #65852

He told me that the chemistry wasn’t 100% there and that he thinks I was feeling more chemistry then he was. Its all very confusing because he told me the date was one of the best he has had in a really long time. He also said that it was a turn off that I kissed him 30 min into the date (keep in mind that he didn’t pull back whatsoever and continued kissing me throughout the entire date). He did mention on the date when I asked him about his ideas on relationships and stuff he said that he has been burned a lot in the past and doesn’t want to jump into a relationship.