Rekindling a long lost love, Help me!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TheHype
    Participant
    September 12, 2014 at 12:49 pm #61879

Theres a girl that I was semi romantically linked to back in college, but the timing was never right (I liked her, she had a boyfriend, they broke up, she fell for me,I was over her,we graduated and moved apart) Really poor timing and maneuvering on both our parts. Its been about three years, since we last saw each other. We recently got together to catch up with another friend of ours from college(her current roommate actually) and now I cant stop thinking about how perfect I think we might have been together. She remains my version of the perfect girl.
    The issue I have is; we live about 30-45 mins apart, is that too far? Is there a chance for us still even with distance and years of not really seeing or talking to each other? When we got together it was almost like no time had passed at all, but I still have these qualms that I’ll look foolish or desperate. I want to text her asking, “Do you think there is still a chance for us?” Is that an okay thing to ask a girl in my situation?

backinthegame91
    Participant
    September 13, 2014 at 11:08 am #61913

If you think she’s perfect for you, 30-45 minutes is most definitely not too far. It’s only too far if you let it be far. The best and longest relationship I had started with a girl who was an hour away from me. 30-45 mins is nothing, and if it’s really great with her, you do what I did and move closer to her.

Finally, if you think she’s perfect for you, who cares if you look foolish or desperate? I wouldn’t even ask her if she thinks there’s still a chance for you. It sounds like there is. Ask her out.

Quirks
    Participant
    September 15, 2014 at 8:45 am #61925

30-45 minutes is nothing. That’s 15-23 minutes if you meet in the middle. I don’t have a car and walk 15 minutes to work everyday, and 20 to the nearest grocery store. Imagine if I thought that was too far to go for food?

And I’d go way further for a relationship.

DanteDMC
    DanteDMC
    Participant
    September 16, 2014 at 9:43 am #62020

Of course you have a chance. The main thing is not to lose it. There are couples who become together again after 15 years. Do you want to wait so long?
    Then tell her about your feelings now.