Relationship advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Relationship advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jdawg12
    Participant
    August 5, 2014 at 6:50 pm #58848
    Relationship advice

So I have been dating my girlfriend now for about three months. Yesterday she said she was going out with drinks with a guy friend and then possibly staying at his house. She said he was like a brother. I told her that I did not care that she went out with drinks with him, trying to give her space to still do her but I did feel uncomfortable with her staying the night there and she told me that she was home and we talked for a little bit last night and it seemed to go well.

This morning I text her around 10 in the morning, just said good morning hun. She said hey, I’m turning my phone off, I need some space right now. I will talk to you later. What does she actually mean by “space”? I gave her that last night. I trust her completely. She hasn’t been in a defined relationship for over 3 years now. She is used to being single. Any advice or anyone that might have a little insight of what is truly going on would be greatly appreciated!

Soraia
    Participant
    August 6, 2014 at 3:58 pm #58935

If he is really a great friend and if she wants to have a relationship with you she should introduce you two. It´s a matter of respect. And if she needs space, should talk about it with you and not only say a sentence. It´s not worth stay in a relationship with so litl respect. Talk to her about it.

skullmohawk
    Participant
    August 7, 2014 at 2:54 pm #58978

Sounds almost like what I am dealing with. Talk to her about it and tell her that makes you uncomfortable. Ask if she is in love with this guy, and if her staying over at his place is more important than your relationship with her. If she talks you down and gives you some BS, you have 2 options, play the same game with her or tell her you don’t play that and end it, it might be the only thing that gets her attention.

jdawg12
    Participant
    August 7, 2014 at 5:53 pm #58997

I really want to keep this girl. She has said she is afraid of losing me in just the past week. But her actions and what she is doing doesn’t say the same thing, what exactly would you do?

jdawg12
    Participant
    August 8, 2014 at 8:53 am #58998

I really want to keep this girl. She has said she is afraid of losing me in just the past week. But her actions and what she is doing doesn’t say the same thing, what exactly would you do?

caliv0608
    caliv0608
    Participant
    August 8, 2014 at 10:22 pm #59080

It’s hard to say, all women are different. But in past situations where I or girl friends have done something abrupt like that, it usually meant that something happened during the outing that made us rethink the relationship. She may have had fun being out and misses being single. She may have had a talk with her guy friend or someone else and that person somehow convinced her she’s better off taking a break from your relationship. Abrupt actions are often the result of “devil on the shoulder” so to speak.

Bear in mind, that she may just be having a bad day and really does just need some alone time. You “giving” her last night isn’t the same thing. Going out with friends isn’t alone time, and maybe she needs time to just do things she needs to do.

Don’t call or text her a lot. But you might email her or something like that and just ask for clarification- does she want to break up, is she just having a bad day? Give her some time and then contact her.