Relationship Advice Please….

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:58 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

amp
    amp
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 12:52 am #96582

Me and my bf were at my folks house watching TV and some of my family was over. We were all sitting there and my bf fell asleep. He was stretched out and I had barely any room and he was taking a lot of the couch space with his legs and feet. So i asked him if he could move over cause I barely had any room and his feet were digging in my back which was really uncomfortable. When he moved my who was sitting next to me said she would move to the chair so we had room to sit. Then when she did that he said see what you did? Then he stormed away leaving my family speechless. I went to go talk to him and he said he couldn’t believe that I embaressed him in front of the whole family and I should have shut up and let him sleep. I said I thought it was rude of him to fall asleep when guests were over and his feet were right behind me digging into my back – I said it was hurting me. He said he didn’t care and I should of just shut up and take it. Like am in the wrong here I just don’t get it?

amp
    amp
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 12:55 am #96583

Correction is was my mom sitting next to me who offered to move then he said see what you did. This followed by him swearing calling me hurtful names. I couldn’t believe it. Some days I feel like im walking on egg shells with him he gets so offended and I can’t say things because he gets so mad at me. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    March 31, 2016 at 5:14 pm #96905

if there is true love for you in his heart he wouldn’t say those things and act that way, but if there is love in his heart than he will reflect on that and see his mistake and not only apologize to you but change his behavior. I’m going through a tough time with my GF right now because I didn’t validate her feelings when I needed to and allowed myself to get in a sticky situation when I could have prevented. Like her, you will get to a point where it is too much for you to handle and you will want to break things up for self preservation. That’s what my GF did despite the fact that I was already realizing how bad I was making her feeling. When communication is not working than everything else starts to fall apart. I’ve been trying to get back with my GF (it’s only being less than a week) by showing her that I have in fact learned from the experiences that pushed her away. Your BF is pushing you away and soon you won’t stand for it anymore. It’s time for him to wake up!

coldturkey
    Participant
    April 2, 2016 at 10:47 am #96959

You need to break up with this jerk.How long has he been your bf? I bet there has been other incidents where he acted rudely to you and you have just let it go.That was very rude of him and also very embarrassing for YOU to have had your family see this person acting this way. That was so uncalled for.You need to dump him.That is not the sort of person you in your life.You want someone who will be kind and understanding to you.Remember you told the bf that your back was hurting since the bf’s knees were digging into it…and the bf told you to shut up about it?!! Dump the bf.

Tarra Duford
    Tarra Duford
    Participant
    April 2, 2016 at 8:14 pm #96962

I certainly do not think you were wrong in this situation, it does not suggest you were being mean or berating to the individual. However, this relationship appears to be very unhealthy. A relationship does not need to be physically volatile to be abusive or unhealthy, it can consist of emotional/psychological, financial or sexual abuse. You appear to be involved in a relationship that may be emotionally abusive. In relationships we should not have to walk on “egg shells” or be afraid of what we say to our boyfriends/significant others. In relationships we should be able to express our feelings and thoughts without being verbally abused and called inappropriate names. Your boyfriend also appears to have difficulty managing his frustrations and anger which will only escalate unless he learns how to manage them appropriately.
    Tarra Duford PhD, MFT, CRS

thedude1994
    Participant
    April 3, 2016 at 11:56 am #96968

a sorry to tell you but your bf sound like a total douchebag you were totally right and he was acting like a jerk

Anonymous
    April 4, 2016 at 8:59 am #96961

Be Honest And Understanding
    The best love relationship advice is first to be honest with your partner and accept what he/she is. You need to know and recognize the fact that in a relationship, whatever problems and difficulties that arise should be the responsibility of the both of you and should be equally shared. If you make any mistakes in the relationship, be brave enough to own up, as there is always some truth when your partner complains something bad about you. You have to put yourself in the shoe of your partner that if you want him/her to change, you also need to be understanding if he/she need you to change certain things too.