Relationship confusiom

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Relationship confusiom

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

thiscoolguy
    Participant
    January 7, 2013 at 3:49 pm #20128
    Relationship confusiom

I like this boy and love spending time with him but am confused when we are apart. Hes really nice funny and a good person but I’m not sure that he has enough life goals or stamina to keep up with me. We have been seeing each other for a couple of weeks and I don’t want to hurt him. I just confused on what to do.

CalvinLevi
    CalvinLevi
    Participant
    January 8, 2013 at 9:41 am #20184

Sounds like you’ve already answered your own question! I think all you need to try to do is slowly step away by either a) ignoring him or b) telling him you see each other as just friends. If it’s harder to do the second choice I say you come up with a general excuse that you’re too busy with other commitments (work, school) and if he ever invites you out, kindly reject them. don’t stick around with somebody just because you’re worried you’ll hurt they’re feelings…it’s like lying to them

ThomasRumpie
    Participant
    January 9, 2013 at 11:52 am #20261

Well, without jumping off the boat so soon, have you asked yourself why else you don’t like him? Are there pressures in your environment that are making you think twice? You mentioned he may not have much going for him but you can at least try to get to know him and see how it goes? If you want to be his friend then be honest about that, but ask yourself these questions before you pursue this any further.

I agree with Calvin, don’t lie about anything just figure out what you want, then react.

DerekJ
    DerekJ
    Participant
    January 14, 2013 at 11:54 am #20516

I agree with calvin. Sounds like you’ve already made a choice. Don’t try to justify too many things, it’ll only be a temporary fix. Instead justify what YOU want. Don’t worry about hurting his feelings, he’ll get over it.