Relationships and Social Media

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lunaluv944
    Participant
    October 5, 2015 at 7:03 pm #86594

I’ve been dating this guy for 2 months now and he is constantly on social media. He’s 6’5 300 pounds all muscle with 2,000 friends on various social media sites, and most of his followers are women. Of course I lurk on his pages sometimes and last night I came across a female that he claims he’s friends with, that has a boyfriend and a child. The picture I saw was of her in a bikini…so he comments under the picture with the “smirk emoji” and she replied with the “kissy face” emoji. We got into a heated argument about it because apparently it’s the norm for him to reply to many of his female friends like that online. And he said it’s okay for him to do because he’s known this girl way longer than me. Out of respect I would never do that to him with my male friends because these emojis can come off as sexual and we are currently dating and I care about him. I’m wondering if I am reading too much into this and if I should apologize for overreacting or let him apologize.

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 5:04 pm #86668

Oh brother he’s one of “those”…
    I see many guys do this to hot females online, the whole lovey/winky/smirk emojis and they do it back. Sometimes it makes me wonder if they ever private message one another on a more sexual level. Sure he’s known her “longer” but come on now, 2000 “friends/followers” he barely knows these people it’s just all about popularity gain. So they probably don’t know one another at all or have eventual flings. For him to say he’s known her longer is an excuse to do what he’s doing and I doubt he’s going to stop. I’m glad you at least brought it to his attention. If he still does what’s unacceptable when you’re in a relationship, stop making efforts to making it work. If he loves/cares/respects you, he’d stop. If not, I suggest you find yourself a better boyfriend that isn’t full of himself. You deserve respect.

Mydatinghangovers
    Mydatinghangovers
    Participant
    October 8, 2015 at 5:24 pm #86725

Whenever I see or hear about someone having that many “friends”, I am thankful it isn’t someone I’m interested in or dating. All bad and kind of weird as well and of course, mentioning a person’s interactions with the opposite sex or blowing a gasket like you did, you will always end up looking like the crazy or insecure one.

Some people have no limits when it comes to what they say or do online. I mean really, would your guy be cool with you putting smiley faces and winks on another dude’s Speedo with bulge shot? Probably not.

I don’t think you over reacted because it is tacky and disrespectful (unless you guys aren’t serious and just “hanging out”).

The problem here is that he thinks there’s nothing wrong with his social media addiction and I promise you this- asking him to chill on the net or cease contacting certain women (or anyone for that matter), he will resent you for it.

No one has the to be trying to convince someone else of anything. Next!