Religious differences

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Religious differences

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

angelita_j
    Participant
    September 7, 2015 at 11:03 pm #85254
    Religious differences

I’ve been dating someone for about 6 months. Everything was absolutely fantastic, I didn’t even care that he was raised in a Muslim culture because he did not practice it at all. I’m not Muslim by any means, I was raised in a Catholic house hold and I’m not super religious about it, only when I’m at family functions. The thing with Muslims dating outside of the culture is that they have to be very discreet about the relationship, no one in the Muslim community can find out or else they “taint” the family name. My friends said I was crazy to be ok with not meeting his family, ever but it’s what he wanted and I love him. We all do things for love. A few days before our sixth month meniversary, someone in the community found out about us and told everyone. News spread like wild fire. I told him, “okay, now we can be open with your parents, right?” Or so I thought. He has a close relationship with his sisters, they are his best friends but now that the community found out about his

angelita_j
    Participant
    September 7, 2015 at 11:12 pm #85255

“extracurricular activities,” his sisters are no longer allowed the choice of going with an arranged marriage. He just feels absolutely terrible for having burdened them. This has caused him to keep to himself alot lately, he’s not communicating as often as he used to, and now we barely hang out. I mean, no one should ever have that much pressure on them but I don’t think he should be punishing me? He told me that he loves me and that he chooses to be with me, but should I be worried that the more time he stays to himself the more he’s going to want to do “right” by his family?