Robbing the cradle

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Robbing the cradle

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Shootnstar
    Participant
    November 4, 2017 at 11:31 pm #155091
    Robbing the cradle

Alright ladies and gents, I really need your help. I am turning 23 this month and I’m crushing pretty hard on this 16-year-old I work with. He’ll be 17 in February, but that’s still a six year age gap. It wouldn’t matter if we were both older, but he’s a junior in high school and I’m finishing college. I still live with my parents. I don’t know what to do. I want to ask him out, but I don’t know what he thinks of me. It wouldn’t technicanally be inappropriate if we dated, but I know my mom would frown upon it and his parents could disapprove and stop us from dating because he isn’t legally an adult yet. Then, there’s the age of consent, which is, as I checked, 16 in the state I live. However, not everyone in my state knows that. Plus, I have to consider his level of maturity. He doesn’t seem immature. I’ve met guys closer to my age who are more immature and complete assholes. So, after considering all of this, should I go for it, wait, or forget about it?

Shootnstar
    Participant
    November 4, 2017 at 11:39 pm #155092

Also, today he joked and said I’m “like 30” and a little old. Well, in comparison to my coworkers, I am one of the older employees, but what should I make of this? I don’t know if it’s just a stupid guy joke or he really thinks I’m old. Help 😔

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Shootnstar.