Rollercoaster Relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BrassnBass98
    Participant
    February 6, 2016 at 5:02 am #93066

OK so here’s my situation. I have been in a relationship with this guy for about 6 months. I currently live with him and his parents. Ever since the start of the relationship I’ve noticed that he was extremely possessive and overprotective. I cared about him genuinely so Iooked over this, until he actually scared off a 12 year old kid at a local comic convention because he was asking me about my collector sword I recently aquired. He then kept his hand tightly on my shoulder the whole time we were there and didn’t let me talk to anyone. He would get angry if I tried to shrug his hand off me. It’s been a rollercoaster with him ever since, and the past 2 months have been a down spiral. He pressures me into having sex with him, he has a very short temper and he starts breaking and punching things, yells, and if he’s driving he speeds to the point where It scares me. Hes never hit me but he’s called me horrible things and made me feel stupid in front of people.

BrassnBass98
    Participant
    February 6, 2016 at 5:10 am #93067

CONT’D : I’ve tried a few times to break things off but he is in denial and says that if I leave he’s going to kill himself and he makes me feel guilty and selfish. He rarely let’s me out of his sight. The only time to myself I can have is when he’s asleep since he recently quit his job. I have a place to go and i want to leave but I have a very strong feeling he is going to try and stop me. I just want to resolve this in the most peaceful and non confrontational manner as possible and I’d rather not get the police involved if I don’t have to.

Cupcake Whisperer
    Participant
    February 8, 2016 at 5:48 pm #93192

Dear Brass,

Your situation is potentially dangerous and you need help. If you are in school, make an appointment with a counselor who can put you in touch with the right resources to get help.
    If you are not in school, google relationship crisis hotline. You will find multiple numbers that you can phone or text for confidential help.

Your safety is the biggest concern. Know that men like your boyfriend don’t change unless they get a lot of behavioral therapy and are motivated to change.
    Don’t be afraid to involve the police. What you are going through is very serious and you need help now.

BrassnBass98
    Participant
    February 9, 2016 at 9:01 am #93210

Thank you so much for your input, it means a lot to me that you took the time to respond

wilhelm79
    Participant
    February 10, 2016 at 4:57 pm #93312

he is dangerous , your best bet is to get a restraining order and leave .. This is not healthy he will hit you sooner or later

BrassnBass98
    Participant
    February 11, 2016 at 1:04 am #93345

I think now would be a good time to mention that I’m 17 and he is 21. I moved out of my dad’s place last September because his girlfriend was a drunk and a bible thumping Christian that was trying to convert me all the time and he, like my boyfriend, emotionally and psychologically abused me. I’m just afraid that If I bring this to the attention of the authorities they’ll make me go back with my dad and his girlfriend. This may sound bad but I’d rather die than go back into that house. I have a really good friend that’s willing to let me stay with them and even get me hooked up with a job and a GED tutor

BrassnBass98
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 1:30 pm #93857

UPDATE: I have moved out of my abusive boyfriends house and I am now safe and happy. Thank you so much for your advice, guys! It helped me alot 🙂

teo.xara
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 8:01 pm #93913

What you are going through is very serious and you need help now. He is dangerous