Room to Breathe?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Room to Breathe?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DaveL
    Participant
    December 29, 2012 at 2:11 am #19714
    Room to Breathe?

So, I know this girl from work for about a year but mostly just in passing. We’re both in our mid twenties. I’ve always thought she was cute but, didn’t really act on it because I actively try to avoid work relationships because I actually have a bit of authority there… Anyway, a few weeks ago I needed someone for a group date and she mentioned that she wanted to see the new movie we were going to so I invited her. We started hanging out after that, cooking dinners and cuddling up during movies and TV. We actually were spending most of our free time together. I really thought (maybe think) that a more permanent relationship might be possible. And, while we were “hanging out” she actually landed a new job at a new company. However, I sent her a text on Christmas Eve, then Christmas day but with no response. I understand that, especially in an early stage, the holidays are busy but, still, no response was a little disappointing. So, I gave it a day without any contact and then invited her to a date this Saturday. I know she read the text almost immediately (stupid iPhone tells me when it’s read so I stressed even more) and it took her nearly a day to respond. She said she’s got family coming in so she can’t… Which, sounds like a completely legitimate excuse. Anyway, I’ve seen her at work and we still laugh and joke around together but, I don’t know if she’s lost interest, feeling overwhelmed, too fast, or if she’s just legitimately busy for the holidays.

I suspect that she’s probably legitimately busy and also possibly thinking that we’ve been spending too much time together, maybe moving too fast. But, I need people to confirm or challenge this. I don’t normally stress this much but, I actually have started thinking that I really, really like this girl and I don’t want to screw it up. So, I was going to let the weekend pass and maybe a few more days before I contact her again to give her a little room to breathe but, I’m curious to know what other people’s suggestions would be…

DaveL
    Participant
    December 29, 2012 at 2:24 am #19715

I should add that after the first group date and me asking her out a second time, she invited me over a few times too.

Kurtis
    Participant
    January 4, 2013 at 9:27 am #19946

Sounds like you did stress a bit much with the pressure of the holidays. I think you did the right thing to invite her instead of wait for her to invite you out.

I think if you do have a chance to go on a date with her again you should try to ask her what she thinks about you. Sounds like you’re curious to see how she’s labeled your relationship so I think it’s only fair you ask and see what she says…

I’ve seen girls like to snuggle up during the cold/holiday nights though so be prepared to be just a “filler” in her life too. She might’ve been lonely and looking for attention so don’t take it personal if you find out you were only a temporary “high” to her.