Russian guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Russian guy

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

butterfly
    butterfly
    Participant
    January 28, 2014 at 1:00 pm #46725
    Russian guy

I met a man while I was on a cruise just over a year ago. He works for a cruise line and for the past year has been consistent in his pursuit of a relationship. We have been dating for this past year. He would call, message, Skype with me on an almost daily basis. That is expensive from a ship. He paid for me to join him on a few cruises so we can actually be together. He showers me in gifts. He would become jealous if he thought I was seeing someone. We talked about the reality of our relationship. We don’t really know if there is a future. He’s Russian and loves his country. I’m American and am not sure if I could live in Russia but here we are a year later. For the longest I’ve been the “hold out” by not being sure. Finally I realize how deeply I truly care about him and say it. Just like that he’s not communicating with me. This man as recently as last week was with me on a cruise he purchased for us. We’ve talked to his mom, dad and other family members via Skype. What gives?

Daeneria
    Participant
    January 30, 2014 at 10:55 pm #46970

He could have gotten cold feet, finally having your feelings for him brought to light and he’s scared for the future of your relationship. I wouldn’t worry over much about it. Give him a little time. Keep trying to communicate so he knows you are still interested, but don’t pressure him too much. As far as moving to Russia to be with him, you have to do what your heart tells you to. Do you care for him enough to move to a place that is foreign to you to be with him? No one can tell you what to do, you have to decide that for yourself.

butterfly
    butterfly
    Participant
    February 23, 2014 at 3:14 pm #48240

You make a good point Daeneria. He’s home on vacation in Rostov (he works on a ship) and has invited me to stay at his flat with him. This will be my first visit to Russia. Though when we are together he has introduced me to his parents via Skype he wants me to meet them in person. I don’t know if that is a significant thing in Russia as it is here in gone US. He also wants to introduce me to his close friends. I don’t know if I would want to move to Russia since I’ve never been. I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks. I wish I understood more about the culture of dating for Russian men and what is significant in terms of gestures and actions. Most people talk about dating Russian women LOL but that is not my interest šŸ™‚

Anonymous
    February 26, 2014 at 1:08 am #48442

Men are sometimes hard to manipulate but ill ready a guide to make it easier šŸ˜€

Jennifer5869
    Participant
    March 3, 2014 at 4:47 pm #48722

Let him go….you can move to Russia if his job requires him to travel. You will be there by yourself…..Think about that????

Anonymous
    March 4, 2014 at 1:13 am #48763

Long distance relationship is hard to manage and to keep, never too easy.

greg005
    greg005
    Participant
    March 4, 2014 at 8:22 am #48771

Long Distance relationship, It’s hard but when one love each other they can keep it lovely.

greg005
    greg005
    Participant
    March 4, 2014 at 8:29 am #48772

Its not too much hard.

butterfly
    butterfly
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:05 pm #48241

I’m still figuring out this site but I replied to you on the thread. Thank you for giving me something to really think about.

beebee
    Participant
    April 17, 2014 at 12:29 pm #51384
    Reply To: Russian guy

Iā€™m still figuring out this site but I replied to you on the thread. Thank you for giving me something to really think about.