Sad state of affairs

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Sad state of affairs

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SUPERBARRY
    Participant
    February 4, 2017 at 4:34 am #125721
    Sad state of affairs

So,
    I recently started seeing this new girl, had a second date after the first which went well.

The second date went pretty well.

So afterwards she said to me that really enjoyed my company and she felt that it was a more platonic feeling as opposed to the first date which she felt what was more romantic, what did i think? I was floored. I’ve never had anyone be that direct with me-i was lost for words. Then she said message me about it.

I would message her but I don’t even know what to say or even do. The only thing i can think to message her is saying to leave at platonic as i’ve no idea what to say or do.

I do realise that this makes me sounds pretty pathetic and weak and i’m just quite generally annoyed and frustrated with myself.

Any advice/thoughts is appreciated.

Toaofjk123
    Participant
    February 4, 2017 at 7:35 pm #125732

I feel ya. A lady has recently done that to me. I don’t and really can’t understand why. The best advice I could give for u about this to do wat u said. Leave it as just friends.

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 5, 2017 at 2:36 pm #125754

I’m baffled.

How can the date have “went well”, if she friendzoned you? Makes no sense.

What did you do on these dates? Did anything sexual happen?

Any date where you aren’t getting any did not “go well”. Not from any sort of perspective at all.

And that’s the only reason I can see for the confusion.