Safe to say I'm confused.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

izziebusy
    Participant
    December 12, 2016 at 5:35 pm #119890

I’ve been seeing this guy for just under two months in which we spend a lot of time with each other, on nights out/afterwards and staying in, even though we labelled it ‘casual’. We were also really good friends before and didn’t realise that we both fancied each other until the night we first kissed.However he is going on a year abroad next year, and after not telling me how he felt I assumed he was trying to cut me off after not replying to texts/ignoring me. But after a chat, he said he tried to not talk to me is because he likes me a lot and if he wasn’t going away, he could see us going somewhere. So by not talking, it was his way of stopping himself from catching feelings. I know we both like each other and get on like a house on fire but we decided to try be friends to avoid heartbreak. But this week, we kissed again for the 1st time in weeks and it was electric. The whole night we were flirting and getting on, just like a couple would do. He was affectionate! I need help!

• This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  izziebusy.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 10:34 am #121221

I would recommend you to just live in the moment! Enjoy what you guys have now… Worry about the year abroad later!

superconfused
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 11:54 am #121274

If you like him then be with him and cherish your time together.

luffbug04
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 9:05 pm #121564

I agree with the above. If you two like each other so much then give it a try. You’ll always regret not trying but if you try and it doesn’t work at least you have it a chance. It will be hard but you sound like you like each other enough to try and figure out how to make it work. Don’t give up

Jooles95
    Participant
    January 7, 2017 at 4:33 pm #122139

If there is so much chemistry, and you guys click so well, then I’d say go for it – you two could have something amazing, and you will never know unless you give it a chance. If by the time he has to leave your relationship is worth it, it will survive the year abroad, and you both will come out stronger as a couple.

bladest
    Participant
    January 8, 2017 at 11:15 pm #122173

Somehow try to leave with him ?

sofie21
    Participant
    January 9, 2017 at 7:21 am #122182

i say enjoy each other, year is nothing, if you guys do really like/love each other test of time should be no problem.

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 12:54 am #122363

Live in the moment and encourage him to do the same. If it’s meant to be, you’ll end up
    Back together.

Md. Al Nahian Khan
    Md. Al Nahian Khan
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 4:36 am #122371

If you guys love each other then I think this is not a big problem, enjoy Your :Life. Carry on..

ambersmith00
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 10:14 am #122397
    Reply To: Safe to say I'm confused.

I agree with the others. I sabotaged a past relationship similar to yours by being anxious and worried about the future. I’d have done things way differently now and simply enjoy the moment.

Sam9811
    Participant
    January 12, 2017 at 12:20 pm #122782

It sounds like you guys would hit it off great. I would say try it and see what happens.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 11:18 pm #123626

yeah i agree.. just enjoy until he comes back from abroad.. DON’T HOLD YOUR BREATH OR EXPECT ANYTHING when he comes back. then just deal with it then when you catch up after he comes back (keeping in mind that he COULD meet somebody there…)

its best to keep this all in check and keep it to the “fun only” side for now.

citofworld
    Participant
    January 20, 2017 at 7:59 am #123855

See where it goes. Don’t put any pressure on it.