DATING ADVICE FORUM

Say it or wait it out…

Author
    Comments

• Jennay23
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 11:59 am #132023
    Say it or wait it out…

He’s 24, full-time student, works 30 hours and has his daughter on the weekends. I’m 33, work full-time and have a 13 year old. We met on Tinder and immediately hit it off. We’ve been chatting for 6 weeks and have met up 3 times. Things are moving slow due to our schedules, so I would consider us “talking”. Saturday he gets off work early and ends up at the same bar I’m at, having a drink with a guy. Very casual. I go over to say hi, he puts his arm around me, holds me and says he saw me the moment he walked in but “didn’t want to interrupt”. Later, the guy I met is gone and the guy I’m “talking” to is getting ready to leave. He hugs me tight and kisses my neck. Things have been slightly awkward since. I’ve initiated our convos, but he always response. We still end up chatting throughout the day. My question is, did I mess things up by being seen with another guy? And should I be upfront with how I’m feeling? I really like this guy. I don’t want to scare him, but I don’t play games.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 12:13 pm #132026

hmmmm… good question.
    did he ever ask who the other guy was? or did you ever mention he was just a friend?
    i don’t think you messed up as he kissed your neck – so he definitely likes you too.

you may want to initiate a little teasing/flirting to let him know you’re inviting him into the door and see what he does.
    also, what happened during your 3 meetups? was he afectionate?

also.. that it has been slow – ther is also a possibility he’s actually with somebody and this is “side action” for him. you can’t count that out (although i don’t get the strong vibe that’s going on.. but it’s possible).

Jennay23
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 12:45 pm #132029

I’m definitely not a naive woman, so I wouldn’t assume I’m the only one he’s seeing/talking to. There was no talk of this other guy, but he did act as though it bugged him. I waited until after 12pm to text him yesterday, just to see if he would text first. Today, I decided I was not going to be the one to initiate contact. Tuesdays are his busiest days (school/work) so I knew I may not hear from him, however, he just texted me “Have a good day!”
    Clearly, I’m overthinking all of this, but I’ve been hurt in the past. My walls are very high and thick, and I tend to be pessimistic about relationships!