Scared or just not into me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jb1318
    Participant
    August 24, 2014 at 10:30 am #59923

I met this girl and we really hit it off after 2 6 hour dates. I have dated a lot and had numerous girlfriends and something is just different here. We were kissing on date 2 and she nor I wanted to stop. It went on for a while. After date 2, we made plans to hang out again 3 days later. We were texting 2 days later and she said she wanted to slow things down. We made plans for this Saturday instead. It would make her more comfortable she said. She said she had this wall up and wants to see me again but to just see each mother/communicate slower. She said she is afraid to open up to someone to just get hurt and she didn’t expect to hit it off with me like we did. I respected that and she was very happy with my response. She initiated some texting during this week and things seemed fine. She was sending me kissy emoticons with hearts etc. and seemed excited for our date. Friday I texted her and got no response and Saturday I confirmed plans and she replied and said sorry I can’t.

jb1318
    Participant
    August 24, 2014 at 10:31 am #59924

Tells me she isn’t ready to date or see anyone. I really see the potential here and feel something different than I have with other girls and i have dated a lot. I want to chase her but within reason of course. How do I play this? I honestly feel this girl does have feelings for me but is freaked out. Could it be all the sudden 2 days later she doesn’t have feelings for me? I felt the chemistry and connection. I don’t want to be pushy and turn her off but don’t want to give up either. Help please!

I will also mention she told me about her ex and he didn’t treat her well and never put her first. He would cancel on her for his friends and she caught him still on dating sites 6 months later. He also never called her his girlfriend even though they were together all the time. Everything she said about him I am the complete opposite. I am 33 and she is 31.

Parker0065
    Participant
    September 27, 2014 at 7:43 pm #64954

Sometimes girls go away and come back, while other times they just go away. Honestly it sounds like one of two things are going on here, either she’s just not really into you or she’s been hurt so bad from her ex douche-bag that she’s ultra-scared of getting hurt again.
    If you really care for this girl I would say just be honest with her and tell her how you feel. I understand that it’s about the hardest thing in the world you could do but it’s really the only way!

She’s either going to feel a connection with you or she’s going to feel creep-ed out. Both men and women get so caught up in a certain individual that they lose sight of others that can bring them comfort, happiness, joy, and fulfillment! You just have to play your cards and lay them on the table meaning being honest with her about how you feel towards her and let whatever happens, happen!

Good Luck!