Second Date Flake or I Did Something Wrong

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Paul
    Participant
    April 10, 2016 at 3:10 am #97408

After a few meetings at a shop where she worked, I hinted her attraction level was high, so once I got her number, I instantly asked her out the same day & she agreed.
    That evening she waited as I was 30 mins late, took her to 3 different places, had a lovely dinner where she was amazed by my magic tricks & the people being very nice to me (I took my dates there, that’s why) & sent her to her friend’s house by 11:30pm where she had sleep-over plans originally. Her friend giggled when she got off the car – it was awkward to kiss her. The date lasted 5 hours.

Paul
    Participant
    April 10, 2016 at 3:10 am #97409

I texted later that I hadn’t heard from her so I went on but would just make it up to her next time. I didn’t mention I proceeded with another girl I have been hooking up with for sometime – ’twas the same girl she mentioned she’d once seen in my car when I went to the shop.

I radio-silenced. After 2 weeks she texted she’d finished reading the book. I called her the next morning & arranged for a “definite” date. She sounded very excited asking me where we were going as I told her to bring her fave head cap & sunglasses. The 2nd date was set 7 days away.

I did what a relationship expert said that after setting a date, inorder to create more attraction/excitement, avoid contact ’til the day of the date. That day, I waited at the supposed rendezvous. I got a no show! I called but no answer, so I texted with polite messages later.

She’s 19, pretty, deep-thought & social media icon. I’m in my 30’s w/ a busy career.

Any thoughts?

trevjim
    Participant
    April 10, 2016 at 7:18 am #97416

it sounds like immaturity on her behalf, I have girls flake on me and nearly all of them are 19-21. thats not to say all girls that age are immature of course, but at that age, they are not experienced enough to communicate

Paul
    Participant
    April 10, 2016 at 4:48 pm #97419

it sounds like immaturity on her behalf, I have girls flake on me and nearly all of them are 19-21. thats not to say all girls that age are immature of course, but at that age, they are not experienced enough to communicate

So how did you approach this situation?