Second disappearing boyfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ls1490
    Participant
    September 29, 2013 at 7:49 am #40196

This is the second time this has happened to me, and I’m not sure I can handle this sort of thing anymore…

This is the second time I’ve been dating a man for 6 months before he disappeared on me…without a fight or disagreement…without warning… I see him posting on Facebook, but he hasn’t responded to me in 2 weeks. I only emailed him twice during this time, but no response to either. We met each other’s parents and things were going well, I thought. I’ve dated some losers, but I 100% thought this one was a really amazing, amazing guy. I was definitely starting to fall in love.

I’ve kind of taken a “forget him” attitude for the most part…I mean, he’s clearly an idiot…but I’m dealing with my emotions today. Not sure whether I’m upset about him or about the fact that this keeps happening and that I’m terrified to date again.

How do I even wrap my head around this?

misscanadian
    Participant
    October 5, 2013 at 9:26 pm #40677

I almost want to know how old both of you are.. because that sounds like a really immature and “high school” thing for him to do. If you are older than high school then he has some major issues. Have you tried actually calling him on the phone? What happened in the week or so prior? What is he posting about? Maybe he is having family issues. That does not excuse his behaviour though.

My best advice would be to maybe send him one last message clarifying that from the way he is acting you’ve taken this to mean you two are no longer together. And then DELETE HIM FROM FACEBOOK. You DO NOT need his posts filling your news feed everyday reminding you yet again that he has still not contacted you.

Do not give up on love! The right guy is out there somewhere, and you deserve much better than someone who is coward enough to cut the cord by ignoring you.

Rakshasa
    Participant
    October 25, 2013 at 2:13 am #41896

Have you actually gone to see him after he stopped responding? Maybe something happened? What does he post. on FB about?

amr5533
    Participant
    October 25, 2013 at 12:07 pm #41920

This happened to me recently with my girlfriend of 5 months. We talked constantly and everything seemed alright. Then one day, she stopped contacting me or showing any interest. I also thought she might have been the one. Apparently I had gotten a bit clingy and pushed her away until her feelings changed. She never showed any signs of this or talked to me about it. The best thing you can do right now is to go no contact and wait for him to reach out to you. I failed at this and might have ruined my chances because of it.

ls1490
    Participant
    October 25, 2013 at 5:57 pm #41962

We’re both nearly 30 and waaay too old for this. And it’s been a long distance relationship, so I’ve seen him once a week and I doubt I’ve been too clingy. Could he be afraid of things getting too serious though? Possibly.

So, I finally heard from him after 3 weeks and told him that it wasn’t going to work out between us right now. I was prepared to call it off things entirely, but he told me that he didn’t mean to disrespect me and I trusted that maybe he didn’t mean to disrespect me after all, so when he asked to visit me at some point in the coming weeks, I said yes.

Then early this week, he said he’d be coming to visit me the next day. I said OK. Never heard from him.

I’m totally over this.

But I thank you all very much for caring. 🙂

SOLNISHKA
    Participant
    November 3, 2013 at 2:43 pm #42388

Sounds like a jerk – move on and find a real man that treats you right and dedicates his time to you, as well as the ability to communicate like an adult!