Seeking a woman's perspective

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:08 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dash08
    Participant
    March 3, 2016 at 2:52 pm #94921

Hello everyone,

I could use some advice from the ladies on this.

For the last few weeks, I’ve been chatting it up with a woman I met online. We message one another everyday. We have a lot in common and our conversations are usually pretty long. We recently started talking on the phone and that seems to go equally well.

She will be visiting my area soon for a work related trip and we have decided to meet in person. Here’s where it gets weird. As much as I like this girl, I’m not interested in sex on our first in-person meeting. Is that strange for a man? I’m not ruling out the possibility that this could get physical like that, but it’s not something I’m aiming for. I really just want to spend some time with her. Now, I’m not a prude. If she wants to pursue that, I would not want to reject her, but at the same time, I’d still be a bit uncomfortable with it.

So, I suppose my question is, would you be totally turned off by this if you were in her shoes?

floundering97
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 1:36 am #94958

Obviously some women can be straightforward about wanting sex, but they tend the feel it’s expected and might have no issues diving right in. It just might be me, but I would have more respect for the guy who waited or even didn’t want it on the first or even few dates. It really depends on the person and the vibes you’ve gotten from her up until now. Good luck!

Dash08
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 9:12 am #94949

Yeah, I’m beyond that, man. I’ve had my share of promiscuity. When you spend 15 years playing in bands, it’s pretty easy. Hence why I’m looking for something more tangible. Thanks for the response anyway.

Gentlemen are simply a dying breed.