"Seeya around" – Negative connotation?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

akk82
    Participant
    March 16, 2014 at 2:48 am #49334

I met a guy 3 weeks ago (he was my waiter) and there was instant chemistry. He seemed really into me too: long eye contact, smiling, flirting, etc. I left him my number but he never contacted. I chalked it up to him being after a good tip and let it go. I ran into him at the same bar but this time his band was playing. After the gig he came up to my friend and I and said he remembered us and talked to us for awhile. The deep eye contact, smiling, flirting, joking, etc. continued and I was (am) super attracted to him. My friend got to rambling and kinda scared him off a little (she talked forever…) and he started walking around and talking to the other musicians/patrons in the bar. He looked over at me a few times more that night but I was a chicken and kind of ignored him the rest of the evening. Not cold shoulder just didn’t initiate contact. When he and his bandmate were leaving I said “bye” and he smiled and said “seeya around” as he walked past me. Is it a brushoff?

akk82
    Participant
    March 16, 2014 at 2:51 am #49335

Also, I sent him a friend request on Facebook. He hasn’t accepted it yet (nor declined it) after 3 days. I also sent him a message saying I liked the music they played and gave him a link to a band I thought he would be interested in, and said I hoped to hear more soon.
    I kept it casual. According to FB, he apparently hasn’t read the message yet.
    I don’t want to come off desperate but I am really interested in this guy.