Self Respect VS What the Hell-What Would You Do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RainCatcher
    Participant
    June 29, 2016 at 12:50 pm #104239

I’ll keep this brief. I have dated quite a bit, but have not found that elusive connection. Recently, I went on a date, and REALLY liked this person. I was excited and hopeful. That night he texted to say he had a great time and thought I was wonderful. The following day, feeling very comfortable in initiating a dialogue, I texted him to return the compliment. He responded with more compliments, but sandwiched in between his kind words was this: “Ill be honest. I’m not interested in pursuing a relationship”. I immediately responded by thanking him for his honesty and wishing him all the best in his journey. It’s been a week with no communication.
    At this point, I have some options:
    A: Respect his truthfulness and move on, preserving my sense of self-respect
    B: What the hell…since I really like him, text him one more time, in a purely platonic manner
    C: Do you have another option?

MelissaB
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 2:31 pm #104317

You want something serious but he wants fun. If you are okay with the latter which may or may not turn into something serious then go with option B.
    How old is he and is he coming out of a relationship? I’m trying to think why he could be looking for nothing more than something casual.

Option A seems sensible. There really are plenty more fish in the sea.

eljay
    eljay
    Participant
    July 4, 2016 at 1:39 pm #104391

Be bold but friendly, and ask him why he is not looking for a relationship. Maybe you can change his mind after you find out. Understand something when we are looking for a relationship we are “on the market” , the best relationship start with people that never make it “on the market”. He may have told many women that and they gave up. Don’t give up. The worst case scenario is he won’t tell you why. In a nutshell, if he is not looking for a relationship, you shouldn’t have any competition.

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    July 4, 2016 at 8:22 pm #104407

I’d go with A. If a man says he’s not interested, he’s not and believe him. Props to him for manning up and telling you the truth because most guys would’ve strung you along like a puppet. I know it’ll be hard to get over him but move on and just occupy yourself with something productive. Perhaps you should date some more, they are better fish in the sea ;). In addition, give him some space.

Love Explained
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:23 am #104406

A- Yes A is the answer. Whether you have your self respect or not.
    B- What the hell… You want a relationship and he does not. Do you want him to draw you a diaphragm.
    C- Stalk him.
    D- Find someone who you want to be with forever and who wants to be with you forever.