Sexual issues with boyfriend of 7 years

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

amandafohio
    Participant
    April 10, 2013 at 1:45 pm #28280

Heres the issue, my boyfriend has some health issues that prevent him from being able to get an errection. It is causing a lot of problems in the relationship due to the fact that I want and need to have sex and he cannot. (but also wants to). Everytime we try to even get intimate it turns into a disapointment, even tried everything that doesnt involve actual intercourse. Now this has gone on for almost 7 years, Im really trying to be strong and not look shallow by breaking up with him because of that but I am also 28 years old and dont want to never be able to have sex again. Im also getting very tempted to find someone else behind his back but I havent yet and feel if I did this its bad and selfish, but Im so tossed. He is also my best friend. What should I do?

OrlandoJoe
    OrlandoJoe
    Participant
    April 11, 2013 at 4:35 pm #28433

Have you tried going to see a doctor together? An expert physician might be able to give you better tips. If there’s literally nothing you can do because of his health issue then maybe your bf might be open to some new “experiments” with you and another guy, that is ONLY if he’s ok with it. Don’t cheat on him over that, you’re the only one who will feel shallow, he’ll just be more disappointed. I’m sure you two can find a resolution together…