She bailed out on me, did she just give me a line or was she truthful?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

magnusalpha
    magnusalpha
    Participant
    November 7, 2014 at 8:25 pm #67230

Ok, first, I wanted to say I know there are many other threads like this, but I really wanted to write this to get it off my chest a bit. I dated an awesome woman for 2 months, we clicked on all levels. It was going amazingly well, she even started saying “I love you” and “I’m in love with you,” things like that. I met her family, she would stay over after work and go to work from my place the next day. All those great little things.

Then she canceled 2 dates in a row, saying she was depressed and wanted to stay in bed. after that her text messages and replies became shorter, and far less often than when she used txt me throughout her work day. I said “would you like to do something this weekend?” and no reply for 12 hours. So I sent the “it seems like you don’t want to hang out anymore, I just want to know the situation, I thought we had something good going on.” She replied “I’m so sorry, you’re amazing. I need to sort my life out before a relationship.” (continued…)

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by magnusalpha magnusalpha. Reason: typos
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by magnusalpha magnusalpha.
    magnusalpha
    magnusalpha
    Participant
    November 7, 2014 at 8:35 pm #67233

When we were dating, she had told me about her ex, she had lived with him for 6 months, they got in a bad argument. He moved his stuff out and left. Then some point after I started seeing her, he had called her at work and apologized. I have my guess that she probably went back to him… no matter how she felt about me, she had been involved with him longer, and she probably still loved him, and then he pops back up and apologizes. I wish I knew if that was the case, and she was trying to spare my feelings, or if she’s really out there trying to sort her stuff out. I wish I could know if she’d ever contact me again, or just forget about me. I left a final text, not intending to pursue her (which could push her away or make her think I’m needy) it basically said “I dont’ know your situation but I’d like to see you, txt me if you want to get a drink or something down the road.”

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:32 am #67267

I would back off bro. If she wants you she’ll come around. It does sound like there is another dude in the picture and it’s probably her ex. Start dating other women and stop texting her. She’ll start wondering what happened to you if you ignore her. Even if she does come around I would be skeptical.

Good luck.

MiB0809
    MiB0809
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 2:55 pm #67380

I’m dealing with the same situation. Unfortunately I think it’s time to look for someone new. I feel like it’s an excuse a lot of the time.