she came out while kinda drunk

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Tia798
    Participant
    February 28, 2013 at 3:30 pm #24193

First of all, I’m completely out with my friends and family but recently went out with a girl friend who got a little drunk and admitted to liking me. We’ve been cool and I never thought anything of i (I always only see her date guys) and she started flirting with me after having a couple drinks. Should I pursue this or just leave it that she’s a straight girl with les intentions? She’s been a little shy and awkward to me lately and it’s probably from that night and I don’t want to ruing our friendship. Not sure what to do in this situation, she is cute and I wouldn’t mind trying to switch gears for her but I’m a little taken aback

WhitneyR
    WhitneyR
    Participant
    March 1, 2013 at 12:45 pm #24335

Hmm, I’d be careful with approaching her too aggressively. Although she made a drunken mistake I bet she IS a little embarrassed and not sure how to describe her actions, even to herself. I guess since you’re already friends try to hang out with a few other then pull her aside and tell her you want to ask her what she might have meant that night.

genesis58
    Participant
    March 4, 2013 at 11:50 am #24419

Right, if you try to pursue this as a potential relationship it’ll probably be more of a headache to get her to completely come out (if she’s really gay or not). I think you should approach her as a friend and tell her you’re there to listen and be her friend. If she’s going through a doubtful situation in her life, don’t try to shove a “dating” scenario too soon for her. She still needs time to figure herself out.

Tia798
    Participant
    March 5, 2013 at 6:21 pm #24665

I hung out with a couple more friends who also saw her that night and they all agree she’s been acting a bit awkward and shy about the other night. I see her infrequently so if I want to approach her I’d have to make an effort. I’m not one to make people feel uncomfortable so I’ve thought about just dropping it. I’m sure a lot of us acted like her in other situations where we weren’t sure about our feelings and might’ve made a little fool of ourselves….

wassupJD
    wassupJD
    Participant
    March 8, 2013 at 6:39 pm #25372

YEa, keep the friendship alive, she’ll want to depend on you for guidance if she’s still a bit unsure about things…