She cheated, what now

DATING ADVICE FORUM

She cheated, what now

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:19 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

help10941
    Participant
    December 27, 2014 at 11:41 pm #69659
    She cheated, what now

So, my girlfriend of 2.5 months cheated on me yesterday. I’m mostly in shock, I went to my parent’s house for a week for the holidays and it happened. We’ve been having a great time before that. She was texting me LoLs 2 hours before it. And she says she had no intention of it when she went out with her (male) friend last night.

It almost seems obvious that I should just get away from her, I mean if she can’t stay faithful for 3 months how can I expect her to later? I don’t want to be some chump who’s girlfriend screws around all the time and I just take it. But, before this I was starting to think she was the one. I don’t want to throw away a potentially great thing because of 1 mistake.

I’m 28, and I’ve never been involved in a relationship with infidelity on either side. I really have no idea what to do now. Am I just being dumb, should I just walk away? Is it worth trying to make it work? Maybe I’m just venting. idk if anyone can help but if anyone wants to try I’d appreciate it.

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 2:41 am #69660

How did you find out about this? Did she come clean and tell you regretfully what happened, or did you find out on your own? I believe that one mistake shouldn’t determine the character of a person, especially if they showed remorse and did come clean. I need a little more detail about how it all played out.

Anonymous
    December 28, 2014 at 1:49 pm #69668

I don’t think I’d stay with her. You leave for a week and she cheats over the Holidays. Like you said how can you expect loyalty later down the road?

phil1234
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 7:17 pm #69682

It might be hard, but I think it’d be hard for me to stay with her. Trust is broken

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 8:06 pm #69685

While I completely understand where we are all coming from, I think we need to know more about what happened first. I need to hear the details of what happened and how everything sort of came out in the open first before I start making proper judgments. My best friend started dating a girl (whom he is still dating after over a year and a half), but she had a history of cheating on a guy before. It was hard for him to deal with, but after talking with both her about it and with me about it, he saw that a past moment of weakness didn’t reflect the character of who she really was.

Nothingreally
    Participant
    December 29, 2014 at 3:39 am #69694

Do you know for sure she cheated on you?

help10941
    Participant
    December 29, 2014 at 8:32 am #69704

Yes, she told me. And, we’ve both been crying about it for 2 days. She doesn’t want me to forgive her, but I still want everything for us that I did before. Idk if it’s love or just rationalizing though.

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    December 29, 2014 at 11:31 pm #69712

She seems to be very upset with herself about what happened. I think if you really care for her and you want this to work out in the long run that you need to sit down together and work through these problems. Let her explain how it happened to get a better understanding of what she was thinking. A moment of weakness shouldn’t define a person’s overall character, so from what I know so far I would say that I’d give it a shot to at least talk about it openly and together.

friedsnake
    Participant
    December 30, 2014 at 7:34 am #69720

personally, I think I would never forget and/or forgive an infidelity. I would do the same to her to get even and let her know about it. then maybe we could continue the relationship.

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    December 30, 2014 at 8:56 am #69735
    Reply To: She cheated, what now

Doing it yourself just to get back at someone doesn’t really fix the problem though. If you don’t like being cheated on, how could you then turn around and do the same thing, ya know? Just one man’s opinion…