She didn't realize it was a date! American dating southern India

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mohflrsea
    Participant
    May 12, 2015 at 8:43 am #78747

A coworker and I have been hitting it off as well as flirting for the last week at work, we both work 12 hour night shift and don’t get out much, so I asked her to a nice restaurant and a movie. During dinner I began to realize she had not idea we we’re on a date, I asked her if she knew what a typical date was and explained what are doing was a typical date. she stammered a bit and asked me about american dating. And offered to just call this a pre-date. She agreed and we went off the to the movie and had a very good time, she asked lots of questions and I apologized for interpreting our night as a date, but we agreed to go out again and ended in me dropping her off at home, she seemed comfortable but was completely confused with the fact that I wanted to date her. She assumed my parents would be unhappy with me dating a 27 year old (I’m 24) and the fact that she was a foreigner, which is what she said much of her culture it like. What do I do now? This is new to me completely!!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  mohflrsea. Reason: typo
    Megas10
    Megas10
    Participant
    May 12, 2015 at 3:40 pm #78785

You said it, it was a pre-date. Wait a week or so. Call her and ask for a real date

mohflrsea
    Participant
    May 13, 2015 at 7:17 am #78811

Well oddly yesterday evening I bought a new car and asked her if she wanted to go for a fun drive, she agreed and we ended up driving around for a couple hours talking and ended up going out to Sherries afterwords. We had a good time and talked about more serious topics, like where we see ourselves in the future in reference to both work and relationships. As well as our families and interests. I still have a hard time reading if this is going anywhere, but I asked why she decided to go out with me again and she replied that she wanted to get to know me better.

I’m thinking at this point she is being very forward and honest with me, but I don’t really know how she feels towards me. I think I am just gonna go with the flow and see how next week at work goes.

Any advice would be appreciated, I am afraid I my be coming on too strong for her taste. She seems very interesting in finding someone compatible with her. These 2 dates are the strangest dates I’ve been on, but fun

Nodame
    Participant
    May 18, 2015 at 9:23 am #79134

Awee, this is the sweetest thing :). I am sure she has some interest. It is just new to her. But if she agreed to go on a ride with you, it is a good sign. I would say, keep inviting her to things. Then , one day, plan something romantic, and tell her how you feel. Good luck!