DATING ADVICE FORUM

She doesn't text back?

Author
    Comments

• rhohnke
    Participant
    May 21, 2017 at 10:23 pm #137111
    She doesn't text back?

Hey everyone. Looking for some help here. I met a girl through an online dating app. I went to high school with her but we never really talked. We both are divorced and have children. We started talking through the app and I shortly after got her number and we continued to text. This went on for a couple of weeks. I asked her out and she said yes but after her week of vacation. I did not want to bother her on vacation since it was with her family and daughter. Just trying to be respectful of her space. She came back home on Mother’s Day and I texted her welcome back, happy Mother’s Day and hope you had a good time. Since then our texting has been very minimal. I do not want to have a “texting” relationship. I would rather meet up and talk face to face. I asked her if she wanted to go out this week and I let her know my days off. She said “what of those two days works best for you?” I told her what day and she hasn’t sent anything back. It’s been 4 days. Am I out? Where did I go wrong?

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 21, 2017 at 11:35 pm #137119

No, I really don’t think you did anything wrong I think it is all her that’s what it sounds. A lot could have had happened when she was on vacation. She had to much time to think.She could have had second thoughts or if she still on the dating site she might be talking to someone else.The only thing I know is it sounds like she has some interest in you but you need to win her back so I suggest you make her laugh a lot. Women love to laugh, I know you’re going to tell me you don’t know how to make women laugh. That’s easy you take her to the best and funniest comedy clubs and it should have food and cocktails. I wish you the best and good luck.

jbotsss
    Participant
    May 22, 2017 at 2:41 am #137139

I think your best bet would be to try bringing up the topic again

okgirl1971
    Participant
    May 22, 2017 at 10:27 pm #137311

Texting can be misinterpreted. Unless she never texts you don’t read into it

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 1:31 pm #137398

what can you tell us about her life and how she manages all the other things in her life. is she busy? is she flaky? do things always come up with her legitimately?

you see.. the secret to dating is not trying to fit everything as a “one size fits all” formula.. you’ve been talking to her, spending time with ehr.. PAY ATTENTINO and you should be able to tell us wheat’s going on with her and what she’s like and if this is normal or out of the norm.

honestly i can see this going either way. some people are just THAT BUSY and life is unpredictable that other things come first that don’t have anything to do with not being interested in you. but there are a lot of others where this is just brushing off without the heart to be honest with you. So it could be EITHER!

DatingTakeTwo
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 2:56 pm #137406

I think taking the initiative to call her instead of texting and maybe even planning a date would be a more direct approach.

MsMajesty
    MsMajesty
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 4:35 pm #137416

I would suggest that you just message her about a different topic and see what her intentions are , maybe she is looking for just a texting buddy.

bella
    bella
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 5:03 pm #137424

Of course I can’t speak for all women, but.. here are some reasons why a woman in this situation might go cold in texting:
    a- A lot has genuinely happened since your last communication, and women tend to juggle about 100 things in their heads at once. (This doesn’t mean all of those things are entirely logical btw, but in her head, those illogical things will be no less important)
    b- She had a chance to reconnect with her family and child while on vacation, and is having second thoughts about you. She may have confided in a sister or something.
    c- She is having second thoughts about you for reasons nobody but her will understand, and she’s avoiding communication out of guilt and/or cowardice.
    d- Your “nice” message to her on mother’s day turned her off just a little bit. Here’s why: Mother’s day. Her family was her first priority. I’m sure the kid was giving her adequate attention. It’s a bad time for a text.
    e- Your text was too vanilla. Try something a little more engaging. 🙂

TexasLonghorn11
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 6:55 pm #137437
    Reply To: She doesn't text back?

^^I agree with Bella

TexasLonghorn11
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 6:56 pm #137438

I think trying a more engaging text is a good idea. I know I always would love if he texts me wanted to know how I was doing or something that was going to bring on a good conversation.

caraconcerta
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 9:18 pm #137441

I would text her back and ask if she’s still interested.

mikeUSA
    Participant
    May 24, 2017 at 1:26 pm #137500

Girls can play games