She expects me to pay 90% of the time, we have been together for 2 years?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

johnnyboy95
    Participant
    June 22, 2015 at 2:50 am #81405

I have nearly ALWAYS taken care of the bill. Occasionally she will give me some money (1-2 out of 10 times). I don’t mind it, but then this happened… We went out for two of HER friends birthdays. and they do not pay for their birthday dinner, everyone else shares their part of the bill. (EX: if the bill is 100 and theres 6 of us in total and its johns birthday, we pay 20 each and john doesn’t pay anything). They ordered a lot of alcohol, which i do not drink at all. The bill originally came out to 55 per person (not including the 2 birthday girls) but one friend complained that i didn’t drink anything and i shouldn’t have to pay for it. My girlfriend didn’t even think to say anything to them. Then it came out to me paying 44 and everyone else paying 59 or something like that. So i payed 103 for me and my GF. She didn’t even offer me a dollar considering all i had was a burrito, and they are her friends. She dos have a job and makes pretty good money by the way.

morbe
    Participant
    June 22, 2015 at 7:36 am #81408

I pay a lot of the time also, I do it because “thats what gentlemen does”. But it does get a bit tiresome after a while I agree. But that depends on who im dating. So if the woman makes more than I do or equal to. I look at it this way. If she chips in every now and then im okay. But if she makes less than I do offering to leave the tip goes along way. But yeah if she doesnt offer to pay at least some of the time she may just be looking for a free dinner. So I guess I see it this way if she truley enjoys going out and being with you, she should want to chip in.

TRUELOVE
    Participant
    June 23, 2015 at 5:17 am #81452

That’s the girl.. Some are just like that. Doesn’t necessarily mean they are awful humans. You just have to decide is she worth all that. If yes, keep doing it. If not, either dump her or have an adult conversation about this with her.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  TRUELOVE. Reason: Typo