She likes me but isn't ready for a relationship, What should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DCgoldmember
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 11:41 pm #144556

I have been talking back and forth to a girl everyday for almost a month. I have asked her on many dates but she doesnt have the time because she is overwhelmed with softball and school. We eventually went on a date and she seemed to enjoy it.

But, she told me that she wasn’t ready for a relationship. We both like each other very much and I even asked her if she actually liked me or if she was just saying it to be nice and she still said that she liked me alot.

What I am wondering is where do I go from here? I want to keep pursuing her but do not know how to proceed after being told that she was not ready?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 11:48 am #144612

she is not interested in you. so i’d back off and look elsewhere.
    This is another way to say “she sees yo only as a friend” but not as somebody she can get romantic with.

I’m sorry to be so direct.
    The quicker you get over her and find somebody who adores you rather than “likes you” – the better.

Steadfast55
    Participant
    August 9, 2017 at 9:37 pm #144817

Give her some space. Is she shy? Maybe she needs things to go slower than at the current speed. I have encountered women who are legit afraid of dating even if they are somewhat interested in a guy. In that situation, you stay friends with her, but every once in a while, drop hints at her that you are still wanting to give dating each other a chance.

joe445
    Participant
    August 10, 2017 at 1:01 am #144819

Give her space, but still drop hints that you’re still interested every now and then. Not too much that you are pushy though.