She Needs a Break… Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

She Needs a Break… Help!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kunu
    Participant
    August 9, 2014 at 8:05 pm #59098
    She Needs a Break… Help!

My girlfriend and I are 21 y/o, have been going out since junior year of high school and go to the same university (would be 5 years October). We are both somewhat introverted and go to a big party school, and have always been there for each other when not feeling that we fit in with everybody else. She more so has been isolated with very few friendships and I have been there for her.

We essentially have only had a serious relationship with each other, and it is possible that we end up married together, though that would be years down the road… if this pans out. We have very similar ideals, values, and plans for the future. But she got into graduate school early and I’m just going into my senior year of college, and she feels like she is “farther ahead” than me maturity wise. I tell her that she’s not forcing me to change that I want to change with her, but she says she feels unhappy at certain times and does not know what she wants or needs out of our relationship and the future.

kunu
    Participant
    August 9, 2014 at 8:06 pm #59099

She would never cheat on me, and she says there is not someone else. She says that she still loves me and cares about me greatly, and when we talked about this yesterday it took some time before she could stop crying to talk. She says she needs time to be her, not to see other people. She feels incomplete and something is missing and she needs more, but does not know what.
    She can’t explain it and is just being vague in the sense that she does not know, but she needs to take a break and be alone. We were fine just last week. I know we’re first loves, but I truly believe that we are the ones for each other. But it sucks that we met so early in life.
    We talked about it again today to say that we’ll take a break for a month and not talk during, but we kissed several times and said I love you.
    She says it is not over, but…is it over? I don’t want to lose her no matter what I would do anything but she doesn’t know what anything would be. I don’t think it is her intention for us to be

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  kunu.

Amethyst
    Participant
    August 10, 2014 at 1:40 pm #59109

You both may need a break. It’s sometimes hard for young people to get serious so soon and stick with one person. A little space and time could bring a stronger relationship.

kunu
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 9:12 am #59100

She says it is not over, but…is it over? I don’t want to lose her no matter what I would do anything but she doesn’t know what anything would be. I don’t think it is her intention for us to be over, but I have a feeling down the road we would grow apart and possibly meet someone else.

kunu
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 9:12 am #59108

She says it is not over, but…is it over? I don’t want to lose her no matter what I would do anything but she doesn’t know what anything would be. I don’t think it is her intention for us to be over, but I have a feeling down the road we would grow apart and possibly meet someone else.

Please anyone?

cjo0038
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 11:53 am #59163

You guys started your relationship young. People grow apart. You might need this break to realize if you are truly compatible as adults. She probably wants wants to experience what is out there with the comfort of knowing she has something to come back to if it doesn’t work ouy