She needs time to choose between me or another guy.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pixelanian
    Pixelanian
    Participant
    July 31, 2015 at 11:11 pm #83476

So here’s the situation: I’m in love with this girl (lets call her C) that I’ve known for about two years now. C’s told me that she loves me too. Only problem is apparently she also has feelings for her ex. Something you should know: her ex (aka first ever real love) was an asshole to her. He treated her like shite almost everyday of their relationship. The phrase that comes to mind in this situation is stockholm syndrome, although it’s not quite that. C told me she needs time to decide who she should date, either me or him. I already asked a friend from school what I should do about this, but I haven’t really gotten advice from my friend yet. I cannot just be expected to believe that her ex, having moved on three separate times from C, just magically has real feelings for her again. If she chooses him, I can tell you she’s going to be miserable again, because that’s how it was before. What should I do about this situation? What should I do if she picks her ex again?

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #84685

I would bounce. I’ve found myself in a similar situation twice in the past. Neither situation ended well for me.