DATING ADVICE FORUM

She responded "anything can happen"

Author
    Comments

• ENTP
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 1:37 am #109891
    She responded "anything can happen"

So I found this girl on POF that is absolutely perfect. We share some of the same passions and interests. I messaged her and we talked here and there for about 2 weeks (nothing really deep to be honest). Eventually it got the point where she was talking about not having friends to do the things she likes with and I saw an opportunity to ask her out (and honestly, I did really want to be that friend for her). I’m out of her range so I said we could meet up when I’m back in town. She responded to my question with “anything can happen” and I have no idea how to interpret that. Depending on the tone that could mean “anything can happen” as in “im trying to be cute with you about your request” or “haha that’s funny how you think you’ll get a date out of me, i’m way out of your league” or “maybe.” I have no idea how to respond to that type of message. I wish she just confirmed or rejected me. So cryptic…

ENTP
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 9:46 am #109948

Any advice?

jakecake
    Participant
    September 13, 2016 at 6:50 am #111142

Just go for the ask. Pick up the phone and ask her out on a date and see where that goes. A lot of times we assume a lot of things. Be in the clear. If she really is not committing to anything then make a decision to move on instead of hanging on for a better response later.