DATING ADVICE FORUM

She said I ruined her birthday

Author
    Comments

• boarderguyx
    Participant
    August 15, 2016 at 10:50 am #108218
    She said I ruined her birthday

I went out for drinks and a dinner with my girlfriend at the weekend. long story short, I ended up feeling quite left out. She was talking to everybody else a lot but very little with me. I sat tight then we walked along about 10 mins to the next bar trailing behind again with her sister and sisters husband in front, her and her friend chatting. Went up a bunch of stairs to get into this bar and I had to stop because some drunken guys were coming down the stairs and were all over the place. They had continued walking and when I got upstairs I couldn’t even see them in the bar. I noticed them right at the other side so I walked over. I felt kinda shitty because I would never let anyone trail behind like that or just walk away and assume they were coming. It’s not in my nature. She then still barely spoke to me for an hour in that bar and I just sat tight. Then we get outside and she says to me ‘you’re quiet, what’s up’ I say I feel like I’m a spare part being here.

boarderguyx
    Participant
    August 15, 2016 at 10:57 am #108219

She got super mad at me and said not everything’s about you. I said I’m not asking it to be, just talk to me so I’m not sitting here in silence. I’ve only met your sister and your friend twice. She then looked so mad. My friends were in town so I said they were gonna spin by. They showed up and I talked to them for ten mins and her sisters husband came over and said do you not think you should be sitting with your girlfriend instead of chatting with your friends and looking like you’re having a great time. He was all up in my face and angry. He’s a hot headed idiot. My girlfriend was in a sulk the rest of the night and he repeatedly called me a fucking arse hole to my gf and his wife and kept punching his hand into his fist like he was going to hit me.

I told my gf the next day, I never want to be around that guy again because I felt threatened by him and I told her what I saw and she thinks I’m lying.

This is a shitty situation and I’m not sure what to do now…

redlips
    redlips
    Participant
    August 15, 2016 at 11:11 pm #108321

Maybe he’s drunk.

johnnykkh11
    Participant
    August 16, 2016 at 1:00 pm #108386

Well, if you didn’t know then all that well, and your gf didn’t do all that much to incorporate you into the conversations, I would say that it is also partially her fault. However, try to invoke conversation on your own and start something off of another topic that is brought up to get yourself more comfortable chit chatting. I would say both of you is partially to blame, and you probably shouldn’t have invited your friends, that couldve waited. I would just apologize and take blame.