She said she wanted to take things slow. What should I do now?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MP.Clan
    Participant
    June 18, 2013 at 9:22 pm #33676

So I’ve been dating a girl for about a month now. We have gone on four dates and we’ve become intimate and close (i.e holding hands, kissing, etc) NOT sexually

On our fourth date about three weeks ago everything went well. We were having fun, we were intimate (not sexual), so close, and it felt like a couple. She sat on me, we talked, kissed, had a great time. However towards the end, I gave her flowers and asked her that I want to be “official”. She was puzzled at what that meant, and I said “boyfriend/girlfriend.” She said she wanted to take things slow. I ended up walking her home, and we hugged and SHE kissed me. She was leaving for a two week trip two days later.

While on her trip, we only talked a few times for a few minutes, and at one point she told me she misses me and wishes I was there with her. I gave her those two weeks of space.

She returned about a week ago and we’ve spoken a few times. I told her I miss her and she says the same back. I feel like I’m initiating the conversations these days, and it’s all me at the moment. The past two days I tried talking to her but she was too busy talking to her friends, and then and hour later she talked to me about things that are stressing her out. At the end, she said thanks for talking with me.

I’m confused. Is she trying to let me down slowly? What’s going on? I plan on asking her today if she wants to hang out on Thursday so she can tell me about her trip. Do you think that’s a good idea? How should I act when I see her? Should I be intimate and close like before or not. I want to know where things stand after three weeks!

I’m willing to take things slow, but I hope it’s not a way for her to end what we have going on. I really like her and I’m willing to pace this.

matt988
    Participant
    June 19, 2013 at 3:25 am #33678

Please call the young lady, and ask her to dinner. Make it a nice restaurant and dress neatly. Get a nice vase from home goods, go the grocery store and get two bunches of flowers so that it is a nice large arrangement, that lets her know you where thinking of her. Ask only if she had nice holiday, and if she has pictures. All people love knowing their vacation pictures, but only say once that you greatly missed hear. Be glad that she had the opportunity to travel, and experience something new. Plan a date ahead, something that will surprise her that she will enjoying. Suggestions: A get together with some friends, like cooking out, or purchasing a new film and watching it together, and ordering pizza.

She just needs time to and you need to slow down. Dating is the most important part of a relationship. It gives you time to get to know her, and also if you have to know if this is going a casual relationship or maybe something move. Sex is not love.
    Enjoy each other company first, the rest will come if it is meant to be.