She said yes to a date, but….

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tennesee47
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 9:57 pm #128084

I asked out a girl at that works in my building Out for drinks Saturday night. She responded she was yes with a “:-)”. Today I passed her in the hallway and she nervously told me that she started seeing someone (a guy I know) that now lives out of town. In any case, she said we could still go out but “as friends”. I said of course, no problem!

I was not intending to pursue a relationship with her – I was just looking to have fun and see where things go. Just because she said “as friends” does that mean without a doubt we won’t have fun? I feel like many girls might say things like that upfront, but that doesn’t mean they won’t go out with the guy and end up making out , etc…..

Is this we can go out but “as friends” a common thing to hear from women? Not sure what to think or if I can still try to have fun.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  tennesee47.
    Huckleberry
    Huckleberry
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 3:10 am #128090

Stop. WARNING! WARNING! Beware the friend zone, brother! He who enters shall never return…

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 2:04 pm #128202

It’s very bad news. She wants to waste your time.

You can still go out with her, ignore what she is saying, and try it on physically regardless. But the probability of you getting anywhere is low.

person123
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 5:18 pm #128286

When a woman says they want to go out as “just friends”, it could mean many things. They could be nervous or shy about telling you something. Or, they could be afraid of a relationship all-together, but since this girl says she’s now seeing someone, you can cross that one off the list. It probably is not anything personal, honestly. And just because she says “just as friends” does not mean you will not have fun with each other! Friends have the most fun and the least amount of worries, but keep on trying if you’d like to persue a relationship with her! You never know

Dearblock25
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 5:19 pm #128287

There are many girls I know of in relationships who can have platonic male friendships. In your case, she appears to be one of them. She said yes to you because she thought you were a friendly guy and that you would respect her relationship. If you dont think you can be just friends with her, I would cancel.