She says she wants to focus on school. Help?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

archer2150
    Participant
    October 13, 2013 at 1:16 pm #41070

I was flirting with a girl I really like, and the. She texted me that she wanted to focus on school, and just wanted to stay good friends now but isn’t sure if that may change in the future. I still let her know I like her by complimenting her and everything. But I make sure not to go too far. Any advice on what I should do? Is she being truthful about maybe getting together later down the road? Before she said that, I would of guessed she liked me by how she was shy around me and I caught her staring at me sometimes. I’m confused what should I do?

ghostbusterbill
    ghostbusterbill
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:26 am #41264

most people are pretty truthful when they say they want to focus on school but sometimes they make room for someone their really in to. If she ends up dating someone else, then you just need to accept it but if she continues to focus on school then give her time to get that organized and then try dating again

justaguy
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:26 am #41265

most people are pretty truthful when they say they want to focus on school

I think she is trying to let you down easy unfortunately. It seems like a pretty lame excuse that she needs to ‘focus on school’.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  justaguy.
    ilovefrogs
    ilovefrogs
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:29 am #41272

Honestly, if she said herself that she wants to focus on school and just be “good friends” – that’s just a nice way of letting you know that she’s not into you romantically. I would just continue on as strictly friends with her and see where it goes without being too overly affectionate.

MindFreak
    MindFreak
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 5:40 pm #41336

She sounds like she is just trying to be nice about it. Or she could actually be trying to focus on school.

Mondo93
    Participant
    October 18, 2013 at 9:41 pm #41458

She’s putting school first. But she is just trying to be nice about it.

Aero-el
    Participant
    October 19, 2013 at 8:00 pm #41459

Honestly, if she said herself that she wants to focus on school and just be “good friends” – that’s just a nice way of letting you know that she’s not into you romantically. I would just continue on as strictly friends with her and see where it goes without being too overly affectionate.

^Agree with this. Pull back and until she starts putting more effort to balance the scales, you’re giving too much to get a return of too little.

I’m in a similar situation. It sucks, man, believe me. There’s 24 hours in a day and she can’t give you one hour? I bet if you looked like Ryan Gosling and had his fame/money, she would put school in a #2 slot.

michael
    Participant
    October 22, 2013 at 9:22 pm #41692

Ahh I feel you man, I’m in the same spot. If you pull away, not being mean or anything, just don’t complement her as much, or don’t text her back right away. If she really likes you she will react.

helenpaul
    helenpaul
    Participant
    October 24, 2013 at 5:40 pm #41894

well to me all you need to do is that seat her down and let her know that the future is here and the future were not build in a day future start from some where

Rakshasa
    Participant
    October 25, 2013 at 2:27 am #41898
    Reply To: She says she wants to focus on school. Help?

Sometimes people are just really busy. I’m actually on the other end of your story. I’ve met someone and I feel bad about blowing them off, but I really am busy. And it’s not like I don’t want to ever see them, just not currently. Maybe that’s the case?

amr5533
    Participant
    October 25, 2013 at 11:40 am #41919

My girlfriend actually just broke up with me about a month ago after 5 months because she “needed to focus on school.” Long story short, she had actually gotten back together with a guy she had a fling with for about a month last year. He ended up cheating on her after three weeks with one of her best friends. She might be telling you the truth, but make sure you don’t put all of your eggs in one basket. I made that mistake and I became clingy and devastated.

sean7
    Participant
    October 27, 2013 at 11:01 pm #41972

She’s letting you down easy. I’d just move forward, even though it’s tough. Girls say things like that to avoid conflict, even though they no that it gives us no closure. I’m sorry, man.

transcend_pretend
    Participant
    October 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm #42021

This definitely sounds like she’s unsure of her feelings for you and is using the school excuse to give herself time to think.

linym
    Participant
    October 28, 2013 at 6:32 pm #42044

I’m a girl who has said this to many guys, and usually it’s me trying to let them down easy. Unfortunately we girls say these things, it sucks. Sorry!!

Anonymous
    October 29, 2013 at 1:50 pm #42104

SHE MAYBE LIEING AND TRYING TO LET YOU DOWN EASY TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU AND HER MAYNOT HAVE A FUTURE TOGETHER BUT ONLY AS HI AND BYE FRIENDS THATS ALL BUT IF SHE IS VERY INTELLIGENT AND IS REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT SCHOOL THEN SEE IF THIS IS SOMETHING NEW TO HER HAS SHE BEEN FOCUSING ON SCHOOL OR THIS IS JUST SOME BIG CHANGE ALL OF SUDDEN YOU WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO MORE THAN LIKELY LET HER GO ITS OTHER WOMEN OUTT HERE FIND SOMEONE WHO GOIN TO VALUE YOU AND YOUR TIME AS MUCH AS YOU DO THEIRS CAUSE SHE NOT SHE TRYING TO PUT YOU ON HOLD AND WE DONT HAVE TIME TO WASTE SHE NOT ALL OF THAT

1 2